• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

106 PTO

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danderson

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Doug Anderson
Buddy has a 106 that he bought used. Some previous owner put wide frame springs on the PTO clutch. They are all misaligned and the clutch won’t disengage. I’m going to redo it for him but I can’t get the clutch to release enough to get the set screws aligned with the notches on the basket pulley. I tried the hammer trick on the button and that didn’t work. Any suggestions? Maybe cut the springs with a grinder?

Buddy has a 106 that he bought used. Some previous owner put wide frame springs on the PTO clutch. They are all misaligned and the clutch won’t disengage. I’m going to redo it for him but I can’t get the clutch to release enough to get the set screws aligned with the notches on the basket pulley. I tried the hammer trick on the button and that didn’t work. Any suggestions? Maybe cut the springs with a grinder?
Take the hood off and use a 2x4 or long pry bar and lever off the front grill casting. 2 people is a good idea.

Latest posts

Back