• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

106 lift arm bent?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the earlier models different from the wide frames? My lift arms were different heights, because one of the spirol pins was broken internally. Didn't show, except when I lifted it while watching. CC149. Is this why the manual says not to step on the deck?

Yes, the lift arms are held to the rockshaft with spirol pins. If I reember correctly, there are at least 3. One on the left lift arm, one on the right lift arm, and if it is a hydraulic lift that lift arm is much taller than the left one, as it goes up under the tunnel cover and attaches to the cylinder. The third on the blade/blower lift arm on the outside ot the frame by your left ankle . Our #1 149 had the spirol pin bore wallered out on the right lift arm. With the deck it was a bit noticeable, as the deck sat a bit un-level, especially the higher you got. When you would really see it, was when we put the blade on... it would only lift an inch or so... so for years, our fall switchover also included replacing the broken pin on the rockshaft. It was good all winter, and the next mowing season... then fall, new pin. Dad replaced the rockshaft and right lift arm, and now we don't have to mess with it any more.....

Thanks for the pic and information. I will have to be a little forceful to the flat head screws then.

Those screws are probably about the most stubborn bolts to remove on the 1X6 1X7 series machines. Since they are right on the footrests, they get all sorts of dirt and water and gunk all over them and will rust up really easily. Many people have resorted to welding a nut onto the top of them in order to get them off, because they are so stuck.

I got extremely lucky with my 106 and 107, the 107 didn't have the fenders installed when I bought it and the 106 had anti-seize on them.

I decided to weld nuts on the platform bolts to remove them . They all turned out. Upon removing the lift lever and bellcrank the wear and resultant crack was easy to photograph. Now it is all welded up and polished ready to re-install.
20210327_165535.jpg

Here is a picture of the rest of the wear to the mower lift.
20210327_184642.jpg

this I hope is the last of the repairs to make this my summer mower .

Back