• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1050 engine mounts

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgerecke

displayname
Mark Gerecke
Need some advice on repairing my engine mounts on my 1050. This is not the new LT1050 rather the one that looks like an 82 series. I purchased it used and the lower rubber mounts below the engine frame and the tractor frame were missing. Looks like it uses a total of 8 rubber mounts on the 4 bolts. They are like small ISO mounts. They are still available from MTD, but the problem I am having is the front frame grommets part number 722-3007 are discontinued. Looks like these fit under the engine frame and between the tractor as to prop the front of the engine up so it will line up at the right angle to the driveshaft.
When I bought it, the driveshaft was broken and taken apart. I am actually gifting this to a friend down on his luck and would like to get it right for him. Needless to say, it is costing me way more than expected to fix! Any suggestions as to what to use here to prop up the front of the engine up that won't fall out or know of where to get 2 of these mounts?

These were unique to the 1050. As far as what they do, the purpose is to absorb the sudden shock load when the pto is engaged.

A similar design was used on the Quietline models, the 1282/680 and others with single cylinder engines mounted on the "iso-mount" When the electric pto was engaged the belt load pulls the front end down, they were "limiters" so wear on the iso-mounts was minimalized.

Since they are NLA, you may have to improvise. If someone could measure the thickness of the snubber portion, you would be able to take it from there on. I visualize some sort of fuel fitting grommet would work. The clearance between snubber and frame was always .060-.125 so based on that some part may work well. Keep us informed of your findings please. Various sizes are often available at farm eq. dealers or atv and snowmobile shops. Speak with the mechanics, they will know what's in the bins.
dizzy.gif

Thanks Jim for the information. It now makes sense as to why they were used up front to stop the shock of the PTO. I will measure this as soon as I can get the other mounts replaced and tightened down. Any idea as to what the torque spec is on these?
A fuel fitting is a great idea, but may be a tad small. I was thinking of a car sway bar end link bushing since it has the end that would locate it in the hole, just shorten it. I have a Quietline and am familiar with that design.
help.gif

Back