• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcastagnoli

displayname
Frank Castagnoli
I just got a Cub Cadet 1015. My father-in-law's neighbor gave it away free because it didn't run. He got it going in a half hour with a new sellinoid and battery. Can I put a wider deck on this model? 32" just seems awfully narrow.

Looks like the 32" deck is all that is recommended to fit. Not saying a bigger deck won't fit but it might require modifications.

88334.jpg

88335.jpg

Also, does anyone know how to disable the safety switch that kills the mower while cutting in reverse?

Frank, there should be a switch that is activated when the hydro control lever is placed in reverse. There are two different versions of the wiring diagram based on serial number. If you post your S/N I can post the correct wiring diagram. Also I do have to state that the reverse cutout switch is a safety feature and by disabling it you could set yourself up for a bad situation even possible litigation if an accident were to occur.
yikes.gif

Please forgive me if I am in the wrong place and using the wrong process - I was given a Cub Cadet 1015. It starts and runs and blades engage. But it will not move when put into gear and acts like mowers I've had that let you disengage the rear end so you could push it. But I cannot locate any level etc. that looks like it is meant to do this. Any ideas? Thanks.

Matt T U might check the engine to transmission drive Belt, or a Key in either of the shafts/pulleys that the belt drive. Check adjustment of belt when in drive position (Tension).

Im new to rebuilding lawn tractors and could use any good info that might be out there.
I traded for a Cub 1015 model 139-200-100.
It would start with a jump but not with the key. Ive sence traced the wires and got it to turn on with the key but to turn off involves the use of another ignition switch. I could really use a wiring diagram if there is one out there. So far all I can find is info for the model 129 witch does me no good (unless im just being slow).
thank you for reading

All: When dealing with these CCC/MTD machines the Serial number MUST also be included in all inquiries.. Might have the wiring diagram for that 1050 if I had the serial number...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Jimmy, Myron is correct, we need your S/N to provide the proper electrical schematic. There are two variations those with S/N between 126,001 to 147,087 and those with S/N 147,088 and up. Let us know which you have and we can post the schematic for you.

Thank you for your quick responce.
the s/n for my cub is 000155017
so myron i notice that you mentioned "when working on CCC/MTD machines"... is there a way to tell if I have a IH or MTD ?
Thank you again for your help

Cub Cadet 1015 Model 139

Jimmy S: Yes...The Model Number 139-200-100 tells us that it is a CCC/MTD made Cadet:

139 = Cadet Lawn Tractor made in 1989
200 = Factory code for a Model 1015
100 = Sold through a CCC/MTD dealer

IH disappeared in 1985.

Let's see if Kraig already has that wiring diagram ready to post/send to your email. If not, I can scan it and send to the email listed in your profile... It's real hard to read one of the wiring diagrams by posting here because of size limitations - so email will get you a hi-resolution version...

Myron B

Thank you for all your help.
yesterday when I took it for a spin in the yard the rearend started to howl.. is there a fitting i need to grease?

The Rookie has returned.. lol
the blades on my 1015 never disengage.
i think the upper belt on the deck might be to small.. do you know what size it should be?
thanks again for the help with the wiring diagram
Cub model 139-200-100
s/n 000155017

Jim, up top where the business cards are, you will find CubCadetParts Lookup. Click on it and put in 1015 and work from there. I saw a belt from engine to tranny with possibility of a second belt. Also under 'Attachments' you can find the deck. Happy hunting.

Changed the PTO Belt and need schematic or info on how to attach spring to clutch hinge and rod

Joan, Go to * Cub Cadet Parts Lookup * at top of page , type in 1015 for your model #, click on PTO Drive to get to parts image. Click on + sign to enlarge the image.

Hello Everyone,

Newbie here. I have a Cub Cadet 1015. Problem with trans axle. Something in side broke when shifting and it is now stuck in I believe 4th or 5th gear. My understanding based on what I have read about the 1015 is it was made from 1988 to 1991. Mine has a 920 016 peerless 8105 6957 trans axle. I know there is also a 930 ???, mine is a 5 speed and I think the 930 is a 6 speed. I have located locally (50 miles away) another 1015 but I am having trouble getting info out of the person. He says the motor is bad but everything else is OK. If it happens to have the 930 in it will it work in my Cub Cadet? In schematics I have seen they appear to be very similar with the exception of the 6th gear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Back