• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leaming

She was just looking good in the sun. I thought about parting with her, but I can’t bring myself to do it. I really don’t need it, but it’s hard to let it go also!

Attachments

• 26C6F62C-3255-4FF8-AAD7-045FE9FAC00B.jpeg
    26C6F62C-3255-4FF8-AAD7-045FE9FAC00B.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 233
Mark - don't do it. Just get a pedestal for her and put her some place where you can just spin her around and have a nice long look see when ever you feel like it. The 100 is my favorite classic IH Cub Cadet.

Mark - don't do it. Just get a pedestal for her and put her some place where you can just spin her around and have a nice long look see when ever you feel like it. The 100 is my favorite classic IH Cub Cadet.
Hey Harry!
don‘t know if you remember me, I bought out a bunch of yer stuff when you were moving west. I stumbled on this site a few weeks ago while searching for electrical parts and saw you here. Not sure if it’s the same site as I used to see you on years ago. Can you believe that was 20 years ago this past Easter?
anyway, I ended up with a whole fleet of CCs and attachments, but sold off most of it and moved to Tennessee a few years back. I still have a couple of 128s and some decks and a rototiller, etc.
anyway, good to see you still around and spreading CC wisdom.:greenthumb:

I’ve sold all my cadets, j Cubs, loboy, and wheel horses.
Selling the first few was difficult but it got easier as time went on.
Its nice to have the space, a few extra dollars in my pocket and all the new owners are enjoying them.
I didn’t use my 72 for two years. I fired it up last week and cut some grass.
If I don’t use it anymore this summer I’ll be getting rid of that too.

Attachments

• 4A3A32E2-488A-46FF-A334-B30AA461842D.jpeg
    4A3A32E2-488A-46FF-A334-B30AA461842D.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 199
Its nice to have the space, a few extra dollars in my pocket and all the new owners are enjoying them.

That is a beautiful Tractor!

Probably too pretty to just be sitting in a shed.
I’ll put it to work this summer

Hey Harry!
don‘t know if you remember me, I bought out a bunch of yer stuff when you were moving west. I stumbled on this site a few weeks ago while searching for electrical parts and saw you here. Not sure if it’s the same site as I used to see you on years ago. Can you believe that was 20 years ago this past Easter?
anyway, I ended up with a whole fleet of CCs and attachments, but sold off most of it and moved to Tennessee a few years back. I still have a couple of 128s and some decks and a rototiller, etc.
anyway, good to see you still around and spreading CC wisdom.:greenthumb:

Phil, Phil, Phil - when I sold my stuff off 20 years ago I put a guarantee on it, so unfortunately NO, I don't remember you (hahaha).
I can't hardly believe it's been 20 years, and times, they do change. What was it that you got from me. I had so many tractors, attachments and parts at that time. It was really the best of times.
This is the same website, they just changed the format. Not to many of the original members, but a few still here.
So, you kept a couple 128's. They are a favorite of mine, even tho they aren't hydros. I'm a sucker for the red stripe on the hood/dash decals. Actually, I thought the gear drive wide frames were one of the easier CC's to work on and that K301 gives you plenty of power.
Welcome back to the best CC website on the net. Now, you better go out and start one of your 128's to get some of those Kohler fumes. It will certainly help settle down the Yellar'n White FEVER.

Mjame - don't do it. You've got a great looking 72 which is also one of the IHCC classics. I see a Creeper, round fenders, hubcaps, headlights, rear lift with Brinly adapter, and wheel weights along with a really nice paint job. If you sell it off you know you're gonna have seller's remorse. If you don't need it to cut your grass then just put her aside in your shop/garage and plan to start her up at least once, maybe twice a year. She doesn't really take up much space. Heck, you may even need it for a parade there in Virginia.

I’m pretty sure the Governor in VA has banned any parades and patriotic events, unless of course you’re a “peaceful protester” then of course you are free to burn and loot at will.
The only sellers regret I’ve ever had was selling off my bit coins.

Hey Harry, sorry I hijacked this thread :)
i bought a 128 and a 1450 off you along with a 50” deck, 42” deck, snowblower, snow plow, weights, deck hangars, and some parts/pieces and a windbreaker cab etc.
the 1450 was the famous brown tractor, and the 128 had a rebuilt 301 and a creeper trans. The weights were those lead filled drums and were great. You also threw in a 36” drop spreader and some cultivator shovels and tool bar.
the only thing I still have of that stuff is the 50” deck and hangar.
the 128 served me well and I ran the snowblower on it for 11 or 12 years. I restored the 1450 and used it with the snow plow for about 10 years. I later had another two 128s, a 149, a 1200, along with a sickle mower, rototiller, land plow, and some other stuff I made and tons of parts that accumulated (you know how that goes). I had to sell off almost all of it when I moved.

Hey Harry, sorry I hijacked this thread :)
i bought a 128 and a 1450 off you along with a 50” deck, 42” deck, snowblower, snow plow, weights, deck hangars, and some parts/pieces and a windbreaker cab etc.
the 1450 was the famous brown tractor, and the 128 had a rebuilt 301 and a creeper trans. The weights were those lead filled drums and were great. You also threw in a 36” drop spreader and some cultivator shovels and tool bar.
the only thing I still have of that stuff is the 50” deck and hangar.
the 128 served me well and I ran the snowblower on it for 11 or 12 years. I restored the 1450 and used it with the snow plow for about 10 years. I later had another two 128s, a 149, a 1200, along with a sickle mower, rototiller, land plow, and some other stuff I made and tons of parts that accumulated (you know how that goes). I had to sell off almost all of it when I moved.

Phil - you got ole Brown???? Dang. Yes, that was a famous tractor. I drove a long way into PA to get it originally. For some reason the guy had painted it all brown. I don't think it was brown when you got it was it? Pretty certain I got rid of the brown paint. Don't remember if I removed it or covered it - which is why I'm not sure if I really did or not. If I didn't change the paint it was because I just didn't have the time. Yup, moving can be the pits. I didn't really want to part with anything before I moved, but I was going 3000 miles across the country and just had to much stuff. I kept the 169 that took me about 10 full years to get all the parts I needed and go thru it. Now I moved again and left it with my oldest son in the Seattle area. One day maybe I'll still get it if I can figure out where I'd put her.

No it was brown when I got it. I have a couple before and after pictures of it somewhere....
that’s the snowblower attachment you sold me. The one with the yellow auger. Ran it for 11 years till I bought a Kubota b7600 with a front mount 50” blower that ruled the snow.
no snow where I live now. Here’s a pic of my two remaining 128s that I brought here. I have two 44” decks and a 50, also a rototiller attachment. The one with the sprayer attached is one I restored with all new mechanical parts including a nearly new 301 I got from Jim Steele (is he still around?), and the other is the original Cub Cadet I bought from the original owner back in ‘94. I redid it back then before I even had internet and never realized there was actually a kind of cult following for these machines. I bought all the parts I needed from the local dealer at the time which was Zerra Equipment in suffield ct. it has (had) mowed the lawn every week (in season) from when it was new till I moved in 2017. I repowered it in 2001 with a brand new 321 which you could still buy back then. Which makes it a 148 actually, the tractor IH never made.
they don’t get much use any more due to the property I have is too big to do any work with these. I just pull stuff around with them.
where’d you move to Harry?

Attachments

• 2ADF11C0-36BC-4263-9DB9-217A8CCC24C6.jpeg
    2ADF11C0-36BC-4263-9DB9-217A8CCC24C6.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 203
Back