• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kenny, Kenny, Kenny - I'll be back there in mid-June barring any further delay by the pandemic. We should be able to connect one day.

Phil - so she was still brown when you got her. Hope you can find some of those pics you mentioned. I'm thinking it was com;pletely brown. Must have been something I started doing to get rid of it. Hey I moved to Arizona now, Phoenix suburb. We're supposed to have our first 100 degree day this week. Is it spring yet?

Kenny, Kenny, Kenny - I'll be back there in mid-June barring any further delay by the pandemic. We should be able to connect one day.

Phil - so she was still brown when you got her. Hope you can find some of those pics you mentioned. I'm thinking it was com;pletely brown. Must have been something I started doing to get rid of it. Hey I moved to Arizona now, Phoenix suburb. We're supposed to have our first 100 degree day this week. Is it spring yet?
Hey, but it’s a dry heat :errrr:.
it was all brown. I completely disassembled that tractor and repainted everything. I ended up getting a different seat pan cuz the brown one had bad rust holes under the treads. It had a hyd leak so I replaced the gasket and when had it all back together, it still leaked! Turns out it was the expansion plug. Ever see one of those leak?
that was a good machine and I miss it.

Hey, but it’s a dry heat :errrr:.
it was all brown. I completely disassembled that tractor and repainted everything. I ended up getting a different seat pan cuz the brown one had bad rust holes under the treads. It had a hyd leak so I replaced the gasket and when had it all back together, it still leaked! Turns out it was the expansion plug. Ever see one of those leak?
that was a good machine and I miss it.

Phil - amazing. No, I've never seen or heard of a hydro pump with a leaky expansion plug.
And by the way, that QA42A with the yellow auger was sweet. I went thru that one with a fine tooth comb, and it got everything. In those pics that Kraig posted of me throwing snow, it doesn't look like it's throwing it very far, maybe 10 feet or so - but that was a March snow storm and the stuff weighed about 50# per sq/ft, nearly slush. You can tell some by the way the driveway looks so black and wet where I had already removed the snow. That thrower made me a believer in the single-stage IH units with a hydro tractor. Terrific combination.

Last edited:
Back