• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

100 rear tires

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pelton IV

IHCC Supporter
Ever drive yourself nuts thinking about a project to the point that your awake at quarter of midnight debating on it? That's me right now with rear tires for my 100. Still aways off from ordering any but the debate rages on. I plan to use the tractor for moldboard plowing and general barnyard work.
How it sits right now with some odd abs bald 22x9.00s on it:
20210803_170843.jpg

How it was with 22.5x7.50 sears turfs
20200202_125316.jpg

I guess it turns into do I take the usual go to route and put some 23x8.50 tru powers on it
tru_power_lug__22524.1323867094.220.220.jpg

or do I shoot for an uncommon choice and try something like a 7-12 goodyear dyna-torque?
20210816_000123.jpg

Just looking for opinions and different ideas really.

all a good choices i would like just to be able find some decently priced tires for son's 100 ( 6 - 12). Doing a budgeted restore on it and the tires are shot. and didnt want to pay a lot of dollars on just tires. too bad you are too far i would take the 22.5x7.50 sears turfs off your hands if you still had them.

all a good choices i would like just to be able find some decently priced tires for son's 100 ( 6 - 12). Doing a budgeted restore on it and the tires are shot. and didnt want to pay a lot of dollars on just tires. too bad you are too far i would take the 22.5x7.50 sears turfs off your hands if you still had them.
Tire prices are going wild. Think I've seen some 6-12 ags still under $100 a piece but tall and skinny turfs are pricey. These sears are pretty dry and I'm definitely hanging onto the wheels. Need to land more skinny ones for future projects.

Bill, you mentioned plowing and general farm, barnyard work, I can tell you that Carlisle tru power
23 x 8.5 would serve your purpose very well.
The Goodyear dyna torque are good also, i had them on my farm Tractors,
But I'm not sure what 7 x 12 would look like. Looks like you have 8.5s on it now
Good luck with your choice.

Bill, you mentioned plowing and general farm, barnyard work, I can tell you that Carlisle tru power
23 x 8.5 would serve your purpose very well.
The Goodyear dyna torque are good also, i had them on my farm Tractors,
But I'm not sure what 7 x 12 would look like. Looks like you have 8.5s on it now
Good luck with your choice.
Found these on the site awhile back.
Screenshot_20210803-134339_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210803-134329_Gallery.jpg

I've kinda moved back away from narrow wheels again in my endless debate, but I would like to build a project someday that looks right on these odd tires haha.The ones on it right now are actually a weird old 22×9.00 turf tire.

millertire has some nice tires. The two I like are the - (Left) 6-12 FIRESTONE TOWN & COUNTRY TURF 4 PLY TIRE $160.00 each. And
(Right) 6-12 BRIDGESTONE FARM SERVICE DIA 4PLY TIRE $185.00 each

I like the both tread patterns but definitely don't like their prices

1629288676333.png
1629288811391.png

BILL - A frequent poster here years ago had a pair of those GY long bar/short bar tires on a CC 73 at Plow Day #2, a set or two of rear wheel weights and he had all the traction he could use, and THAT PD was by far the toughest plowing any of us had ever had with a Cub Cadet. Even the Big Horsepower tractors were boiling the Hy-Tran out of their Hydro's.
The 23-8.50x12 Tru-Power's are a real close second. The 7-12 GY will fit on your narrow wheels for the 6-12's. You need a 7x12 wheel for the 23-8.50.
I have 23-8.50x12 FIRESTONE 23 DEGREE tires on my #72 with a killer Kohler K321, and I have 26-12.00x12's on my 982. I bought them when they were still reasonably priced thru my local tire shop.
Tire prices follow oil price. Current occupant of the White House screwed around with stuff He had NO idea what he was doing.

I plan on revamping my narrow front this winter so I'm kinda thinking the 10.50 tru powers off that may end up on the 100. May have to go V61 on the front to even out the appearance with that route though haha

Denny, I believe that he also had a set on his 72 at PD1 posted up thread with Blunier's red barn in the background. Unless he moved that same set of tires to the 73. :drool2:

Back