• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

100 rear tires

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which size tire is on it now? 6-12 or the optional wider 23x 8.5-12?

Matt, thanks for the links.

The All-Trail look very much like the HPAD tires that JD uses on some of their garden tractors and they are amazing. They might be easier on turf than turf tires are. My JD X585 has the old style turf tires, my mom's JD, same model tractor, has the HDAP tires. The only exception might be if the grass and soil is really wet, but then you shouldn't be mowing if the grass is wet.

I'm really liking the looks of those Versa-Turfs... I'm thinking the "46 ply" is typo as is states 6 ply lower in the page. Possibly are/were available in 4 or 6 ply.
dunno.gif

I wish they made the Versa-Turfs in as 23-10.50x12.... Tim has a set on "Johnny" and when he was pushing snow they did really well, and I've not seen him have issues in dirt/gravel/grass when using the loader or mowing. Here in central Indiana (Tim is actully about 40 miles from me just north of Indy) and we actually got a real snow for a change... we got close to a foot.... but, one thing that helps if Tim has Rimgard in the tires and weights in the rear wheels. He also had his heavy hitch and blade on.. so there is a bunch more weight there than on a Cub Cadet....

I think those All-Trails are about as close as we can get in the Firestone "zig-zag" tires. I like tham, as that is what is on the #1 149 and have swerved us well for over 40 years. I also likethe the "knobby" tires that came on the late Quiet-Line and 82 Series tractors... The Rubber Master tirees look to be the closest to them.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back