• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

100 main clutch question

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

kashaver

displayname
Kelvin Shaver
Trying to not screw up a CC 100 clutch repair. (Like I did on the last '70 that tends to 'drag' when released. If I can figure it out so this one works, I will attack the '70s clutch again.) My queston is the clutch plates-Are they supposed to be 'dead flat'? Are there any other tricks about adjusting them after installed?
thanks!

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Trying to not screw up a CC 100 clutch repair. (Like I did on the last '70 that tends to 'drag' when released. If I can figure it out so this one works, I will attack the '70s clutch again.) My queston is the clutch plates-Are they supposed to be 'dead flat'? Are there any other tricks about adjusting them after installed?
thanks!
Yes on being flat. You really need to download the Service Manual. Cub Cadet Specialties Manuals

kashaver

displayname
Kelvin Shaver
Follow up: I machined the clutch plates flat in the lathe, put it back together with a new shaft, clutch disk and release bearing and it works 75% better than the 70 clutch did. I'm going to pull the 70 clutch back out and try again. Thanks!

Latest posts

Group builder