• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

100 Battery box

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leaming

It appears part of my Battery box is missing? Is there a fix or a source for them?
Thanks
Mark

Attachments

• 7C107BCC-7CE9-4B2F-8B0A-3F23AC0E2E55.jpeg
    7C107BCC-7CE9-4B2F-8B0A-3F23AC0E2E55.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 299
Mark, first off, just so that you know, there were two different sized battery boxes during the 70/100 production run. Yours appears to have had the smaller variant. A previous owner must have wanted to install a larger battery and cut out the sides. Having said that, I don't have the dimensions for either size battery box, but I can point you to some photos of the larger one. Forum member Marty Gwin refurbished a 100 not that long ago and he has a thread on it here. Hopefully Marty or someone else that has a 100 will post dimensions for you. Here's some photos from Marty's thread that shows how the bigger battery box is supposed to look:

316692-jpg.125181

316693-jpg.125183

Looks like the tower & box has been patched and butchered.
If it really bothers you, Best try to find a replacement unless you are good with sheet metal fab and repair work.

What's there now is actually a piece of Cub 1x6 1x7 firewall!

Well I'll be darned, It IS! I don't think I've ever seen a PO mod like that before! Looks like it's welded on, gonna be quite the task to get it off.

Looks like the tower & box has been patched and butchered.
If it really bothers you, Best try to find a replacement unless you are good with sheet metal fab and repair work.

What's there now is actually a piece of Cub 1x6 1x7 firewall!
Dave,I've only been on here a few months and have yet to figure out all the jargon you experienced guys use...Explain please 1x6....1x7 ????

Gary - Dave's original reply listed 1x6 and 1x7. 1x6 would include 106 & 126. 1x7 includes 107, 127 & 147.

Here are the measurements for the 70/100 battery boxes. These boxes are made of 1/8" sheet metal.
I used a tape measure, so the specs could be off 1/32 of an inch or so.
Measurements are I.D.
Looking at the battery box from the front of the tractor, width is side to side, depth is measured from motor to dash tower, and height is bottom to top of box.
Small box:
Width: 8-1/4"
Depth: 5-7/8"
Height: 3-1/8"

Large box:
Width: 10-1/2"
Depth: 6-3/4"
Height: 3-1/8"

Battery box is not anywhere near 1/8" thick...should be about the same thickness as the rest of the dash tower.

Matt,
Not anywhere near 1/8"? Like I said, I used a tape measure.
If you read the second sentence, it says "I used a tape measure so the specs could be off 1/32 of an inch or so."

I knew I had seen that part that is used as the battery tray somewhere. It might help if you show Mark a picture of the part in it's correct location on a tractor.

There are 2 ways to go if you want it near original. If you are pretty good with fabrication, you can probably make something like the above picture.

Or you can get a better/unmolested dash tower from someone on here or else look for a good used one on Ebay.

Keep in mind that the Cub Cadet 100 could have two different size battery boxes. The large box accepts a full size car battery, while the small box will only accept a conventional lawnmower size battery. If the archives are working I asked a question about this a year or so ago.

I knew I had seen that part that is used as the battery tray somewhere. It might help if you show Mark a picture of the part in it's correct location on a tractor..

Here's where that 1x6/7 dash/firewall part was originally located:

1x7_Dash_01.jpg

1x7_Dash_02.jpg

1x7_Dash_03.jpg

Well this is what I did for now. Delrin and some 1/4 all thread. There is gasket material under the battery and delrin strip. It’s much better than before, because it had nothing.

Attachments

• A1D7E9BE-8D90-4A9B-A09C-9E7199480936.jpeg
    A1D7E9BE-8D90-4A9B-A09C-9E7199480936.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 42043C93-B0C4-4DEC-818E-AB337D4A085E.jpeg
    42043C93-B0C4-4DEC-818E-AB337D4A085E.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 133
Back