• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

10 years ago

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DonT - The news yesterday was talking about the new threat they had heard about with maybe a car bomb. They said they had checked all the airplane traveler's list and didn't find any names of suspects.

We are headed for another crisis if they keep looking blindly at terrorist coming here by plane.
With our southern boarder as open as it is and ALL the drug cartels running their networks and the "coyotes" doing their thing it would be a simple thing for the next big terrorist groups to come in from Mexico.
They had better get the damn boarder to the south secured and stop thinking they will fly in to JFK !!!!

Yes Canada took thousands of people in that day that were headed to the USofA on hundreds of flights from overseas.

I for one Thank You and your country for doing that.

<font size="-2">But if YOU keep hauling Cubs across the boarder ...</font>

I just learned something !

One steel beam from the World Trade Center sits on the campus of the University of the Cumberlands in Williamsburg.

15 minutes from here ... gotta go check it out in a day or two. That's walking distance from where Kathy works at the nursing home.
Pics will follow.

For some reason my link has gone dead but they did have it posted on two separate pages so let's try This Page

My turn?
230276.jpg

This is this morning. I was working on building this fireplace when a neighbor came and told me the s**t was hitting the fan. 10 years. Today, here, was as nice a day as it was 10 years ago. I'm typing slow, so to keep from timing out here's this post.
happy.gif

We had a little get-together today:
230279.jpg

A couple friends (and their dogs). Listened to Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning . . .
Drank a couple or more beers (I'm not done, yet).
See that little grey dog? His name is Garth and he still has his "plumbing". He could be a St. Bernard and his gonads wouldn't match the Canadian Government's when they said "O.K., those planes that are still in the air that can't land in the US - they can come here". Thanks for the flag, Don T.
happy.gif

To those of you that watched the memorials today and thought of those lost and the survivors that are left, thank you for helping those of us in the Greater New York area get thru today. It was really tough.
Maybe I can close today in this way:

TAPS

Day is done
Gone the sun
From the hills, from the dales, from the skies
All is well
Safely rest
God is neigh.

Thanks, Allen in NJ

Thanks Glen for the video. That was awesome! I had not heard of that either.

This is a great thread and I thought I'd bring back up for another look see. I hope we never forget those who gave all to save others who couldn't save themselves. Here's a great big "THANK YOU" to those of you who are currently serving as firefighters, policemen, military, and EMT's! You make this land a greater place to reside.(We desperately need an American Flag emoticon on this sight!) Never Forget!

I was not aware of this happening there. Why don't the news people cover things like this on tv for others to see? This shows how the general public helped out others. It helps you restore your faith in others that's for sure. Those who were in safer conditions, put their life on the line to help those in need. I applaude you! It makes you feel good in the end doesn't it?

thumbsup.gif

Back