• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

10/22/22 Roanoke Illinois Plow Day

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
GT Plow Day at Blunier farm in Roanoke, IL

The ORIGINAL GT Plow Day!

Friday night plowing 10/21
Saturday plowing 10/22

All makes of GTs welcome. 40 acres of soybean stubble to plow.

Last edited:
That is great news Steve!

Holiday Inn says Morton, IL is about 20 miles from Roanoke. Is that as good a choice as any nearby?.

Last edited:
Washington, Morton, East Peoria, ElPaso.....all work....

Jay, you have all summer to find one and get it set up!!
They are not that hard to come by.
Does one of you Cubs have a 3-point setup?
If so, all you will need is a sleeve hitch and a plow.
What part of the country are you located in?

I have no idea if I’ll be able to make it, but I have a hotel room already by redeeming hotel points. If anyone has 782 parts/implements they may want to trade for lodging, I have tons more hotel points.

Jay, you have all summer to find one and get it set up!!
They are not that hard to come by.
Does one of you Cubs have a 3-point setup?
If so, all you will need is a sleeve hitch and a plow.
What part of the country are you located in?
My 1650 has the rear lift for the tiller. I've been eye balling the cat 0 3 point kit from xtreme, and converting one of my tillers to 3 point as well. That would open up a bunch more possibilities for attachments and usefulness of that tractor.
I'm located in the central upper peninsula of Michigan. About 3 hours north of green bay Wisconsin.

My 1650 has the rear lift for the tiller. I've been eye balling the cat 0 3 point kit from xtreme, and converting one of my tillers to 3 point as well. That would open up a bunch more possibilities for attachments and usefulness of that tractor.
I'm located in the central upper peninsula of Michigan. About 3 hours north of green bay Wisconsin.
the U.P. is awfully far from southeast Kansas, but a guy near Independence KS has your plow Jay:
https://seks.craigslist.org/grd/d/dearing-cub-cadet-127/7521654801.html

Pic

Attachments

• 20220930_171711.jpg
    20220930_171711.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220930_160716.jpg
    20220930_160716.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
I just asked my wife if I could contact this guy and head down this weekend to look at this plow. She thinks a 17 hour round trip is ridiculous, when it's not for a tractor. But what does she know, I've sent this guy a message, now to wait for his reply. The hardest part is gonna be get my bride to let me take her focus svt, because between my two ford trucks, neither one gets over 12mpg!

I just asked my wife if I could contact this guy and head down this weekend to look at this plow. She thinks a 17 hour round trip is ridiculous, when it's not for a tractor. But what does she know, I've sent this guy a message, now to wait for his reply. The hardest part is gonna be get my bride to let me take her focus svt, because between my two ford trucks, neither one gets over 12mpg!
No messaged received as of yet!
Still available
Will bring to Roanoke If the PD is still on.

No messaged received as of yet!
Still available
Will bring to Roanoke If the PD is still on.
Haha, I just checked my email and I never sent the message, had it all typed, and never clicked send! I didn't know it was yours. I can't make the plow day, I have a couple brothers from the navy coming up that weekend for our annual bird hunt. I have they plow saved, so when it works out, I'll get ahold of you.

Blunier Plow Day Update

Friday night 10/21/22 and Saturday 10/22/22

1582 County Rd. 1300N, Roanoke, IL 61561

All makes and models of garden tractors welcome!

37 acres of bean stubble to plow, good black IL dirt!

Soil looks good form plowing as of 10/14, will post weather updates next week.

Note: no food stand on site this year, please pack a lunch if you plan on plowing into the afternoon.

Just what we needed to hear Steve!!
Thanks!
Looks like you had a little rain down there lately?
Nary a drop to speak of here in my yard, ground is like concrete.

Back