• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Binder Books Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties XTREME MOTORWORKS, LLC

582 plow tractor

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I know I can't post here since my serial number shows my 582 was made in the first weeks after MTD took ownership. Only thing different coming off the line was the serial. However, I may have the same opposed Briggs two banger with 18 horses. Not sure of carb style since this is my only Cub and farming is my game. Sadly it sits as a non-performing asset. Maybe I will take the carb off and take the risk that I can get it back on right. I have the PDF manual but finding carb settings is not as easy as I wish.
Did ya forget about the FAQ's. Cub Cadet FAQ

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
wow... Just last week the same problem cropped up on my 582. Can't seem to keep gas going. new filter no help. Clean out gas tank no help. I think my fuel was corrupted because I had not run the machine since spring. Now the carb is clogged I think.
You might want to make sure your gas cap is venting, then remove the line from the carb and see if you have good flow to the carb. If you don't, check to make sure the line hasn't collapsed. If not, then it's an internal carb issue.

jstertz

displayname
joshua donald stertz
I followed Steve Blunier’s advice and rebuilt the pump. I was able to accomplish that successfully and it definitely made a difference in my tractor running. I still need to adjust the carb a little more but that it what it took in my case. I hope that yours is something simple like Charlie suggested, cap vent, collapsed line, fuel filter, etc...

dkline

displayname
Daniel J. Kline
Never considered vent cap. It has the high pressure braided gas lines so collapsing one is difficult. Thanks. Life prevents much concentration on this project at the moment. Life would be easier if the thing ran and I could get stuff moved. I think I have cap venting issues with an old BCS walk behind tractor that runs 15 minutes than dies.
Thank you to all.