• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

wiring schematic or other ideas?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acocconi

displayname
Alan Cocconi
You may (or may not) recall a thread I started a few weeks ago about my 107's carb. Dismantled the whole thing, cleaned it up, and she ran perfectly. So I go out to crank it up today and I get gas pouring out of the carb again. Well, at least I know what I'm dealing with... Remove carb, dismantle and clean, reassemble, and life is good for a while. The tractor is running (a little rich, but it's running) and then stalls. Go to re-start and ... nothing. No turning over, no clicking. No nothing. Battery is at 75% charge.

So - is it the ignition switch? (that's gone out on me before) A wiring problem elsewhere? I'm trying to narrow down the areas where something went kerflooey.

Anybody got a wiring schematic that I could review that might help troubleshoot this (rather annoying) little problem? Or - anybody got any good ideas what might cause a completely "dead" response to the ignition start request?

Thanks in advance!

You may (or may not) recall a thread I started a few weeks ago about my 107's carb. Dismantled the whole thing, cleaned it up, and she ran perfectly. So I go out to crank it up today and I get gas pouring out of the carb again. Well, at least I know what I'm dealing with... Remove carb, dismantle and clean, reassemble, and life is good for a while. The tractor is running (a little rich, but it's running) and then stalls. Go to re-start and ... nothing. No turning over, no clicking. No nothing. Battery is at 75% charge.

So - is it the ignition switch? (that's gone out on me before) A wiring problem elsewhere? I'm trying to narrow down the areas where something went kerflooey.

Anybody got a wiring schematic that I could review that might help troubleshoot this (rather annoying) little problem? Or - anybody got any good ideas what might cause a completely "dead" response to the ignition start request?

Thanks in advance!
1588989092736.png

Thanks, digger! I found the same diagram right after I hit send! We're on the same page! My guess, looking at the schematic, is the solenoid or the switch, or the neutral safety switch which I bypassed a few years ago... Open to suggestions. I need to see who has power going in/out.

Thanks, digger! I found the same diagram right after I hit send! We're on the same page! My guess, looking at the schematic, is the solenoid or the switch, or the neutral safety switch which I bypassed a few years ago... Open to suggestions. I need to see who has power going in/out.
First thing to check on any old Cub that falls on it's face for no reason are the ground and any other electrical connections. Even a loose condenser can cause issues.

Just a quick progress report: Haven't done any troubleshooting since the original posting. I know what you're thinking: "what a bum!" I've been busy rebuilding a waterfall and cleaning the pond...

So, today I wandered into the shed to get the pond vac, but the 107 was in the way. I thought "I wonder if it will turn over?" Sure enough, it did and started almost immediately. "Wow!" I thought. So while she's idling, I started moving stuff so I could get the tractor out. In the meantime, it stalled and we were back to the same scenario - no anything.

I'm thinking it has to be a loose connection somewhere. As soon as the waterfall is done I can get back to the tractor. Ideas are always welcomed!

Latest posts

Back