• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 01, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kendell,
I would too. Just put on a pot of coffee and hand me....

Richard Palmer
Wow I stand corrected on the month my O was built Its still an early one for sure. Now if I could only find the rubber mounts for the 1512 D as there is no stock here in Canda.
bash.gif

yes, i use a gas stabilizer.

also have a non cadet inline fuel filter. but , hey, who knows. cleaning the carb is worth a try.

Don,
Give Scott at Madson's a call and see if he can get tehm. Not sure if he'll ship up there or not but it would be worth a call. Click his box above for the phone number.

John Underwood

Well thanks for that idea, I did call them and spoke to scott. The rubber mounts are $33.30 for each corner(2 rubber mounts) so 4x33.30 is $133.20 to do the job and he has to order them also. WOW
bash.gif
. I will have to look and see if i really need all the mounts. Thanks Don T

Frank...Is the fuel filter for a gravity feed system ? If it's for a fuel pump system that could be causing problems. Another thought...is it losing spark for sure when it quits ? Could possibly be the points push rod. Some are aluminum and the side that rides the cam mushrooms and the overall length gets shorter, I have seen that cause problem a few times.There should be a measurement in the Kohler manual. You can replace them with a steel push rod.

PAUL D. - I looked the Agri-Fab vac's over really well at Blain's Farm & Fleet. They were about $1000 back then, now about $1400-1500. Too much $$$ for they way they were made IMHO.

The pieces I added to the kick-up on the blades were about 1" tall and 1/8" thk. and whatever the length the actual kick-up on the blades were. I think it was on the center blade the washers & nut for the belt tensioner pivot stuck too far down and I had to grind a small low spot on the added wing.
The factory blades are made from 5140 steel if I remember correctly, it welds pretty well with mild steel MIG wire. The added wings really make the mower move clippings & air.

Dennis:
That's still not a bad price compared to what Sc.g gets for their setup. I paid $2100.00 and that's for the quick dump 10 bushel clamshell. I know this is meant for commercial use and does really work well, but for homeowner use, it's overkill - it was an impulse buy when I bought the Tiger Cub (see - it IS a cub, just the wrong family...). Lesson: never buy yard care implements right after a long day of working in the yard.....

Frank: If it was a bad ignition switch, it'd drop out totally during cranking - as a matter of fact, get a 12 volt test light and make sure that it isn't dropping out while cranking - a test light is easier to detect that with than a meter. Put the probe on the + terminal of the coil. You may see the light dim a little during cranking, but if it goes out altogether or blinks, something's bad further up the line towards the battery. If you put it on the point ( - ) side of the coil, you should see it blink every time the points close .....

Don,

In that case see if McMaster Carr has anything. The have a mount that is similar to one used on my green tractors that works great and is a lot cheaper. Might be worth a try. I don't know what they look like so I can't help with looking them up for you.

KENDELL - What I need to do is come up with some good way to get rid of all the clippings & leaves, like Jerry uses His for garden mulch. I used to be able to get rid of a small bit years ago that way. But I normally get about 20-25 loads. Last time I tried burning them "s-l-o-w-l-y and the fire still smoldered for a week!

Situation I have now with the yard is all the leaves are down, well at least 90-95%, but the neighbor's corn on three sides of the lot still isn't combined. I still have all the husks, leaves, and chunks of cob left to deal with. I'm hoping Neighbor combines His eight acres so I only have to mow the one last time.

Latest posts

Back