• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

782 Cub Cadet Electric Clutch Question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Stalzer

I have a 782 Cub and i also have snow Thrower for it but the pulley on the snow thrower is narrow and the 782 had a wider pulley on the clutch. Was there a different pulley that was installed on the older snow thrower to make work with the wider belt.

Thanks

I can't recall off the top of my head which model went to the wider belt. But yes earlier stuff had the A series belt. I believe the 782 has the C series belt. The early wide frames may have still been A series. I'm thinking they were. Probably be just as easy to find a snow blower with the correct pulley for your tractor and sell the one you have.

I have a 782 Cub and i also have snow Thrower for it but the pulley on the snow thrower is narrow and the 782 had a wider pulley on the clutch. Was there a different pulley that was installed on the older snow thrower to make work with the wider belt.

Thanks
Either one of these will convert the thrower to 5/8" pulley.
It would help to know thrower though.
1703193396026.png

A QA-36A or QA-42A with the curved upper arms will fit an 82 series if you change the pulley. I am 98% sure this is the pulley I put on mine to do this:

https://www.mcmaster.com/6204K215/
Since the engine is tilted back end down about 1.5-2° on the 82 series, the belt does not line up well. I ended up making some replacement spacers for the sliding part and shimming them to tilt the gearbox plate to match. Works great now.

IMG_2526.JPG

That thanksgiving weekend snow melted and I never did anything with it. I got caught completely off guard by that- mower deck was (and still is) on the tractor- I haven't even been able to get my leaves vacuumed up yet.

Pic is from 2015, I think. That tree by the driveway has been gone for awhile.

Latest posts

Back