• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 29, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhillegass

displayname
Jerry Hillegass
Well, its March 29th. I put some gas in the tank, choked and cranked the 34 year old engine. It started and I was mowing grass again. Year after year, it just starts when I need it.

Gotta love these Cub Cadets.
beerchug.gif

David P -

Not very. Don't have time to check the CPE-2 right now, but I'm sure someone will find a cutover date for ya - the timed deck is shown as an option...

David P: Bryan's corrrect. When the Model 70 & 100 were introduced in mid 63, IH and IH Dealers had a huge stock of the timed decks. I've got the bulletin where IH offered dealers adaptor kits to install the timed decks on the Model 70 (100 too, if the customer wanted it). I would estimate that this lasted through the first half of 1964, at least. As a side note, IH also offered, in the same 1963 bulletin, adaptor kits to install, as an option, the 38" three-blade decks on the Originals still in stock or as a retrofit to a customers older machine.
Myron B

There's no date on this, however....

26738.jpg

26739.jpg

Above is a closer view of the top portion.

That's funny about that bulletin. The $22 timing belt (in 1963 Dollars) on the 2-blade timed deck was the reason Dad traded the '61 Cub Cadet off on the 70 with the 3-bladed deck in '63. Anyone (Ken?) know what they cost today? The note about the 2 bladed deck not being recommended for the 100 is interesting too. I suppose that tiny little belt from the center idler pulley to the right blade couldn't handle that much HP.

Kraig: That bulletin does have a date!! In the lower left corner just below the illustration for the 2 spindle deck for the Model 70 you posted is the following:

CR-2450-N 8-2 which = CR-2450, 02 August 1963.

Note: "not recommended" doesn't mean a dealer would turn down cash money to install one :)-}>.. Just that IH wouldn't warranty it.
Myron B

(Message edited by mbounds on March 30, 2005)

Myron, I looked in the lower left because often there is a date that is not coded, but I didn't know how to decipher "CR-2450-N 8-2". THANKS! :eek:)

CHARLIE - That confirms what I've thought for the last 10 yrs.... Part ARE getting cheaper. ;-) Back in '63 that $22 belt was about 10 hrs of work for Dad.... And I make $33 and change in a WHOLE lot less time than that now....

Kraig...

Pls check your email...I sent you some pertinent info related to the IH print codes often found on IH printed documents where the actual date is not used.
Myron B

Thanks for all the good info on the timed deck. Does anyone still use one for mowing? I got the 70 with the timed deck last night and I am trying to get the kids to check it out over spring break. I was surprised when it had the timed deck, but I've always liked the look of the 70.

Looks like I get to break in my generator engine tonight.........first storm of the season skirted just west of my place and took out all of the power with it........

took the broken drive shaft out of the 782 last night. I see that there is a bushing or bearing that is in the coupling that is on the hydro shaft that the drive shaft sits in. I couldn't find a pic in the service manual. Mine looks like it was spining in the coupling, Do I need to be consered about replacing it, or is it normal?

Thanks!

Jim

I mowed with a timed deck the past two years and plan to this year, I dont think I have seen a small tractor cut better than a CCO or early 70/100 with a timed deck. Its also the only cub cadet deck that will fit thru my gate in my yard, built the gate to fit the timed deck. So I hope to trade off my 71 for my original stuff. Cheers Mike

Gotta a Question,repairing my seat on 1x9 was the metal white or yellow I can't seem to find a pic from the rear to be sure. Thanks
Also it looks like my 147 basket case will finally be at my home next week so I'm keeping my fingures crossed its not missing to many pieces.

I am installing my hydralic lift on my 102 and could someone tell me how to locate where to drill the holes in the frame for the pump and cylinder mounts?

Jim, Are you talking about item 43? If so, it is the alignment bushing and should move around like a swashplate.
26751.jpg

thanks Charlie, white it will be!
I know I'll be asking you lots of Q's once my 147 arrives its been quite the ordeal, I paid the old guy in Nov then he got sick went into the hospital & when I spoke to his wife she knew nothing about it,subseqently he passed away but her son remembered me & the transaction,whew!
I've been feeling the financial pinch big time with raising my 2 boys & the manuals purchase hasn't been able to move up the list yet
I wish I could "rtfm" so many questions unanswered...

Back