The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * IH Cub Cadet Forum  

Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above!!

Thread Originator Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 28, 2019 Digger (Cproctor)
 30   09-01-19  08:53 pm
by Steve Blunier "Mr.
Archive through September 01, 2019 Bradley Hughes (Bhug
 30   09-07-19  01:47 pm
by Marty A. Gwin (Mgw
Archive through September 08, 2019 David Schwandt (Dsch
 30   09-12-19  01:10 pm
by Gerry Ide (Kide)
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Use this topic for OPEN discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment or what ever suits ya!
We're trying something new to open things up a little!

EVERYONE must edit their profiles to UNCHECK the box that says Clear the cookie when I exit my browser!

There's NO such thing as a stupid question!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jim Storma (Jstorma) on Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 08:51 pm:

Kraig,

That's terrible. I can wait.

Does anyone happen to have a manual on the 48" tiller?

I'm also missing both shoes and the shoe adjusters. Rear shield with the hing and the PTO shield on top of the gear box. If anyone has these and won't mind shipping them to me, I can have my fabricator make them for me. I'll of course pay for all the shipping and return them within 2 weeks. Thanks!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy wayne kashner (Wkashner) on Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 03:25 pm:

Thanks, Doug Anderson.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 02:04 pm:

Jim, the PTO shaft is stuck, I have some penetrating oil sprayed into where the shield slides in hopes that it'll free up. Sorry no measurement today.

Charlie, I wonder how big of a turning radius that thing has? Doesn't look like it can turn very sharp.

Charlie says I'm an INSTIGATOR.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Doug Anderson (Danderson) on Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 12:38 pm:

There should be a 5/16 x 1 1/2 inch spirol pin on each lift arm.

If you don't have the time to do it right where will you find the time to do it over.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy wayne kashner (Wkashner) on Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 08:22 am:

The mower deck on my Cub Cadet 149 (S/N 205004704) does not lower and raise on the level. The right hand side goes through the full travel range but the left side does not. It seems like there is a pin missing on the right side that would go through the right side arm assembly and the rockshaft, but while there are holes shown in the parts list, there is no pin shown. The left side arm assembly does appear to have some kind of roll pin through it and the rockshaft. Should there be pins in both sides?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Austin Ewald (Aewald) on Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 12:56 am:

Also does anyone know about these glass cups that have a 149, riding mower and power mower on it? Who made them and whats the story for them? As I have one and I would like to know more about it.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Greg Lippert (Glippert) on Friday, September 13, 2019 - 08:24 pm:

Well, isn't that fancy!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Friday, September 13, 2019 - 05:10 pm:

Oh why not! It's OTF!
red

"Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Friday, September 13, 2019 - 10:43 am:

Austin E.
I'd hope so, you ordered yesterday! And thanks too!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Austin Ewald (Aewald) on Friday, September 13, 2019 - 09:59 am:

Ha I went to go check the forums, then my gmail and I see I got a email confirming my order from CCS. That was easy

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Friday, September 13, 2019 - 09:09 am:

Charlie, I hate it when that happens. :-) I've had email conversations back and forth with my daughter and every once in a while one would go off who knows where and be delivered a day or so later. Odd when it happens.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Friday, September 13, 2019 - 08:06 am:

Kraig,
For some reason, I just now got an email from you that you sent on the 10th.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Friday, September 13, 2019 - 07:45 am:

David, I just sent myself a test email to the address in my profile, from one of my other accounts and it went through just fine. Not sure what happened, in any case I sent you an email.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy David Schwandt (Dschwandt) on Friday, September 13, 2019 - 07:26 am:

Kraig, please drop me an e-mail.
I tried send one to you using the address in your profile but got it bounced right back.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Friday, September 13, 2019 - 06:23 am:

Jim, I have a 48" rear tiller. I'll see if I can find time this weekend to get you the measurement. It's one my parents bought new with a 2072. Art Aytay has the 2072 and I kept the tiller for use with my AC 620. I need to list the AC and it's attachments soon I want it all gone before winter.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jim Storma (Jstorma) on Thursday, September 12, 2019 - 10:01 pm:

Had purchased a 48" tiller earlier this week. missing a few parts and the PTO drive shaft has been repaired but incorrectly. The shield is on backwards and you cant insert the other half of the PTO shaft.

I had already taken it apart. Hoping someone out in IHCC land has one of these and can measure the length of the shaft from the end to the center of the yoke where the U-joint in pinned. I think the previous person doing the repair may have shortened the shaft. Mine measured 15" before i cut it back apart.

Any one have one of these, I sure would appreciate if you take the time to measure it so I can get a new tube and repair it correctly.

Thanks!

tiller1
tiller2

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Wayne Shytle (Wshytle) on Thursday, September 12, 2019 - 08:42 pm:

Austin-

If you are working with a Walbro then disregard my previous post...it doesn't apply.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Austin Ewald (Aewald) on Thursday, September 12, 2019 - 08:37 pm:

So I'm going to put a AF Carb from CCS, going to replace the coil and condenser. Fix the fuel shutoff valve. and use new gaskets. So I hope I will fix this. As for the old carb was having the same problem, wouldn't run without choke and it was a fixed jet.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Wayne Shytle (Wshytle) on Thursday, September 12, 2019 - 08:36 pm:

Austin-

Did you remove/clean the main jet from the emulsion tube? It can be tricky and requires a proper fitting screwdriver. If it is "stuck" by all means don't try and force it too much. It doesn't take much to make it very difficult to remove by destroying the screwdriver slot. When I have one that's difficult I put the carb in a vise, carefully apply some heat while using penetrating oil, and carefully seat the screwdriver so I can put a little umph to it. This usually works just fine. Just heat the tube about half way down and don't cook it. Common sense is highly required here.

Also, be very careful with the threads inside the tube. I use a round shanked screwdriver and make sure the screwdriver fits the slot well.

Just a thought.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

9871 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.