The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

We have someone that can use a little help right now, due to some health issues. Bryan McMeen has had some really severe health issues this year and needs our assistance. We're looking for all of you good people out there to step up and give a little, give a lot, or just give anything to help a fellow human being out in a time of need.

I have faith in you folks, so DON'T let me down!!!!

100% of all donations will be going to Bryan.

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * IH Cub Cadet Forum  

Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above!!

Thread Originator Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 13, 2014 Charlie "Digger" Pro
 30   07-15-14  12:47 pm
by Ron R. Schmitt (Rr
Archive through July 15, 2014 Harry Bursell (Hydro
 30   07-17-14  02:17 pm
by Kraig McConaughey
Archive through July 17, 2014 Kraig McConaughey "K
 30   07-19-14  03:18 pm
by Dennis Frisk (Dfri
Archive through July 19, 2014 Jim Patchett (Jpatch
 30   07-21-14  08:54 am
by Dennis Frisk (Dfri
Archive through July 21, 2014 Joe Becker (Jbecker)
 30   07-22-14  10:00 am
by Jeremiah Chamberli
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981.

EVERYONE must edit their profiles to UNCHECK the box that says Clear the cookie when I exit my browser!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 07:52 am:

Doug G.
The answer is in both our FAQ's.
CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE

"Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Douglas Green (Dlgreen) on Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 07:39 am:

Please help. I can't seem to figure out where to post this. I just purchased a 1450 hydro. The lever is very sensitive and tends to creep. I'm sure the answer to my problem is here somewhere but I don't seem able to find it. Thanks.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Paul Tombaugh (Prtombaugh) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 08:13 pm:

Thanks to all for the seat information. Wow! I didn't think my little old question would generate such a response! I learned quite a bit about Cub Cadet seats.
The seat was fastened with an IH seat bolt through a square hole. The mounting bracket could only be for a pan-type, single bolt setup. It weighs 13 pounds without the seat spring.
I don't really have a tractor I would put it on, so it'll end up in the classifieds here some day. Thanks again!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy dan gruber (Dgruber) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 08:12 pm:

just hit an unexpected odd snag with my 147, went out to move it to rewire the taillights bc the original wires are shot..
and even though I was just on it earlier to cut my yard..it wouldn't start..and not only that..it sounds like there is a humming coming from what I guess you could call the trans tunnel when it's turning
I checked the linkage for the hydro and it's in the neutral position..the pedal is down etc..
I can't figure out why it...as far as I can tell..isn't disengaging the hydraulics

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 07:29 pm:

Since the bug didn't get me yet, here's some more stuff that came along too.

And this:

And this:

And this stuff that was in an old tool box:

Here's the tool box with more stuff:

A fiberglass seat, fender reflectors, and mowing deck also came along. I traded three Ben Franklins for everything. That sounded like a fair price to me.
I know, I know, Charlie is wrinkling up his nose because they give that stuff away where he lives!

I treat everyone equal until they start doing something they shouldn't!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ron Greenly (Rgreenly) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 07:14 pm:

Marty...Great find!! Lots of options for lots of toys to go behind it!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 07:11 pm:

The archive bug will probably hit about now.
Here are some pics of what followed me home during my road trip.

Top view of that doohickey thingy hanging on the side.

There were some other things that came along too.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 06:56 pm:

The rubber seat I fixed up for dad's 122 is not real hard. It is pretty flexible. I took some bleach and cleaned the rubber, sanded and painted the metal bracing and metal band. This seat comes apart when you take the metal band off of it.
I have just purchased a fiberglass seat (politically correct one) that will need a lot of repair before it can be used.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy jeff l baker (Jbaker) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 04:27 pm:

I like the pointy thing on Clarence's backside

IH wide frame hydros are the cats meow,,Why own anything else

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marlin Homrighausen (Mhomrighausen) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 04:20 pm:

Here is Clarence's (102) seat fom the rear. One of these days, I need to get him up and running again. His is an original seat.

Life is like a treasure chest. It's contents' value is only worth as much as what you're willing to put into that treasure chest. If you go around with negativity and a frown then that treasure chest will never hold much value. But, if you smile in hard times, help others when they're down, and believe that there is something beyond this simple life on earth... THEN imagine how priceless that treasure chest has become.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy jeff l baker (Jbaker) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 03:30 pm:

Wayne good to see your post, now if Don T would end his vacation we could get some Canadian input.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Wayne Shytle (Wshytle) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 03:26 pm:

Jeremiah-

Like Dennis said, the type of welding used isn't as important as the job itself. I'd leave those bars in there since they've been fitted, etc. If you lived a little closer I'd be glad to "glue" it up for you. The cracks need to be ground as deep as possible and drilled at the ends (again, Dennis) and then welded with good penetration. Then you can grind them down flat so no welds are in the way.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jason Sosbe (Jsosbe) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 02:07 pm:

Thank you. Still learning my way around here.

'62 original

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 01:50 pm:

Howard, WELCOME! Your LTS 125 is actually an MTD, and may have been built for the Canadian market. There is a thread started in the "CCC and MTD Machines & Equipment" area. here's a link to it: LTS 125

Charlie says I'm an INSTIGATOR.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Scott Tanner... Might have to put chains on... (Stanner) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 01:34 pm:

Jason,
the faq's is your friend, as well as the parts lookup-

FAQ #4
http://cubfaq.com/questions.html

http://cubfaq.com/belts3.html

IH-475595-R1

google the p/n, and it it a 1/2" x 27" belt

Building a better Cub for 7 years, 11 months, 22 days now... (seriously)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jason Sosbe (Jsosbe) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 01:05 pm:

Anyone know what size belt a bb-36 snow blower would use?

'62 original

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy jeff l baker (Jbaker) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 12:54 pm:

Howard Welcome,,

Your tractor is a lawn tractor and should move over to the thread.
http://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/32806/32806.html?1405958228

With that said I have never seen a LTS125..cool looking

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Dennis Frisk (Dfrisk) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 12:53 pm:

HARRY - Actually, any welding method, arc or stick, MIG, TIG, even gas welding with acetylene torch would work.

The procedure is more important than the process. Small holes should be drilled at the ends of the cracks so they tend not to grow longer, complete penetration, welding from both sides is a good idea too. Use of a copper welding backup plate is recommended.

If I'd have made a comment about tractor pullers popping wheelie's I'd have had a half dozen pullers screaming at me.... but I think it looks like someone ran that CC with the engine loose, the four mounting bolts about ready to fall out. The holes in the frame for the grill normally break out when the grill casting is used for a battering ram or bumper.

Tractor appears to have a nice fresh paint job trying to cover up the damage done by neglect.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Harry Bursell (Hydroharry) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 12:23 pm:

Jeremiah - ya know, I think you're gonna have to leave those flat bars where they are. I see now you have an area on the very front of the frame that is broken off and if you take the bars out you won't have a front hole to mount the front casting. I'm not knowledgeable in the different welding methods but I would still weld those cracks in the frame and they need to be ground down smooth. Which ever method allows that is what you need to do. I think I'd also do something about that very front area that has the piece broken off. Either weld in a piece of metal so there is no issue when mounting the cast piece.

I think the verdict on the spring mounted rubber seat on the 72 might still be out (Tom Hoffman - don't start counting chickens yet).

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(but might have a component failure)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Howard Jackson (Hjackson) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 12:21 pm:

Hi all, new here. I have a LTS125 that runs like a champ. Used it for many years, I bought it used I think 12 years ago. I have never (embarrassingly) even done regular maintenance to it. Jump on fire up and mow. Neglected it for the most part. Anyway I struck a post with my tire and broke a piece off the sterring control arm. I cant seem to find any info on this machine and now it looks like a great white buffalo of a mystery. Any advice where I can find a parts manual? Thanks.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 12:12 pm:

Here's the seat on the 102 that I used to own. It appears to match the mount of the one that Jeremiah has, look close at the bottom of the photo where you can see a bit of the seat mount.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 12:09 pm:

Seats.

122 (EDIT: I believe the later production 122s had end panels on the seat mount to make it into a tool box of sorts I know the 1x4/5 series had the end plates...):

Several 102:

102-1

102-2

102-3

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jeremiah Chamberlin (Jchamberlin) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 11:33 am:

Kraig, Harry: I wondered if the flat bar was original, I guess not, eh? The next question is how the axle channel is secured to the flat bar, it would have to be welded, wouldn't it? I'll have to take a look at the bottom side in the next few days.

Harry: Do you think simply stick welding the cracks in the channel and discarding the flat bar is going to be sufficient for standard use, plowing, mowing, etc.? If the repair is a good one, perhaps I'll just leave well enough alone.

Thanks everyone for the clarification on the seat. Since I saw 124/125s depicted with the foam rubber seat and the 102 shown with the hard rubber, I thought the hard rubber was "correct" for the 122, I didn't realize there were different seats specified for different models within the same series, except for the low-tunnel 70/71/72 etc. Once more the Forum has set me straight. Thanks guys.

Edit: Harry, I would still like to see a closeup of a known-to-be original 102 seat install as I think mine was an after-market selection. From the side shots of 102s I've seen, it looks like the "platform" was a bit more raised than mine and painted yellow, not black. I haven't seen any spring-mounted hard rubber seats, so, with Kraig, I find its placement on a 72 "unusual."

Kohlers are kool

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Harry Bursell (Hydroharry) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 10:09 am:

Geez, isn't a memory a wonderful thing.

Paul, et al - based on the Jeremiah's seat it sure looks like your seat is the real deal. I didn't recall the slots in the rubber cover.
You know, it's hard to beat ole Tom "Slick" Hoffman. I suspect he may be correct about the ole "Switcheraroo". Not sure quite how it was done. Yours has the square center mounting bolt hole, and it looks like Jeremiah's has a round center hole so that might be a give away difference that yours could well be an IH option. Also, I see Jeremiah's has an additional metal brace with slots for 4 mounting bolts. I wonder is Jeremiah's is just "rusted on" to the original seat brace.

Jeff - back at ya (with hit and miss timing) -

(Under edit) - geez, I leave for a couple minutes to get popcorn for Jeff, and the posted messages start flying onto the list.

Jeremiah - someone has modified your frame, probably a puller. I think the cracks in your frame rails most often occur from popping wheelies which the pullers are always doing. It does look like someone has done a nice job of adding them. If you're gonna weld up the cracks in the original rails I think I would just removed the additional flat stock that's been added.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(but might have a component failure)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 10:09 am:

Jeremiah, hmmm, that's odd. A PO repair of the front frame/axle channel.

Steve, no sign of the rubber seat as an option in any of the accessory catalogs that I have. You're probably thinking of the fancy upholstered seat.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jeremiah Chamberlin (Jchamberlin) on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 10:02 am:

Kraig: The bolts secure a piece of flat bar to the underside of the frame rails:

Right-hand Rail (Side View):

RightSideRail

Left-hand Rail (Side View):

LeftSideRail

Kohlers are kool

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

8160 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.