The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * IH Cub Cadet Forum  

Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above!!

Thread Originator Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 08, 2017 Earl Ford (Eford)
 30   03-11-17  09:54 am
by Marty A. Gwin (Mgw
Archive through March 11, 2017 Earl Ford (Eford)
 30   03-12-17  10:28 pm
by Earl Ford (Eford)
Archive through March 12, 2017 Earl Ford (Eford)
 30   03-15-17  08:39 pm
by Scott Tanner... Mi
Archive through March 15, 2017 Scott Tanner... Migh
 30   03-17-17  01:29 pm
by Wayne Shytle (Wshy
Archive through March 17, 2017 Harry Bursell (Hydro
 30   03-18-17  06:57 pm
by Earl Ford (Eford)
Archive through March 18, 2017 Ethan Kincaid (Ekinc
 30   03-20-17  04:16 pm
by Marty A. Gwin (Mgw
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981.

EVERYONE must edit their profiles to UNCHECK the box that says Clear the cookie when I exit my browser!

There's NO such thing as a stupid question!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marlin Homrighausen (Mhomrighausen) on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

A big THANK YOU to all the suggestions. I'm going to start shopping for one. I need to start painting bigger areas then just touch up.

Happiness is admitting that you have yellow and white fever.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin) on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

Marlin,

I use a Kobalt gravity feed sprayer from Lowes.
Model # SGY-AIR87 Item# 0301339
The price is/was around $35.00
It works real good for me!

Is it Friday yet? Not cause I wanna post off topic, I just want two days off from my job!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 02:49 pm:

Tedd,

The most peaceful thing in the world is plowing a field. Chances are youíll do your best thinking that way. And thatís why Iíve always thought and said, farmers are the smartest people in the world, they donít go for high hats and they can spot a phony a mile off.
Harry Truman

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 02:47 pm:

Tedd Ill and Bryan came down 9/7/2002 (photo data) to get some tires filled with fluid.......

The most peaceful thing in the world is plowing a field. Chances are youíll do your best thinking that way. And thatís why Iíve always thought and said, farmers are the smartest people in the world, they donít go for high hats and they can spot a phony a mile off.
Harry Truman

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Nic Bextermueller (Nbextermueller) on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 01:50 pm:

I have an older Harbor Freight HVLP gun with a regulator. I mainly use it for spraying primer. It does not have nearly a fine enough mist or control to spray any base coat/clear coat color.

I would use it for single stage color on something that doesn't need a a super smooth finish. Yes, it lays better than rattle can if the paint is mixed right and the gun settings are right for the temp.

For $10, its absolutely work grabbing and playing with. You need to learn how to adjust it for the setting your spray in. It's not like rattle can that is push button... You also have to disassemble and clean it after every use. or it will be junk really quick. I usually have a small bucket of acetone and various brushes waiting. Its just something else to remember. Clean up with a rattle can is tossing it in a trash can.

But IT would be way better than buying a $150-200 gun to experiment with. but it does make and excellent primer gun.

Is it pulling season yet?
www.pantherpulling.com for more info!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

Steve, I came across that photo of Bryan on your family's M earlier this week while searching for a photo for a forum member (via email request). Great picture! Was Bryan just out for a visit when those were taken? It's way too green in the background for either a Spring or Fall plow day...

Charlie says I'm an INSTIGATOR.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 12:48 pm:

...and....a blast from the past tribute to one of the site founders!!!

Harry Truman

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 12:44 pm:

Warm Spring off topic Friday photo:

....and.....its a Hydro!

Harry Truman

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 09:06 am:

Craig, thanks for confirming that.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Craig Carney (Ccarney) on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 08:52 am:

Lewis P, Kraig, Harry -

My 70 with the 464... belt and 2 spindle deck has the same cast pulley just like an original. no pto clutch.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 08:28 am:

Marlin,

I'd at least get one with a regulator included......

Harry Truman

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marlin Homrighausen (Mhomrighausen) on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 04:09 am:

Happy Friday All!!! I know this has been discussed before only I can't find where I stored the information. Harbor Freight currently has a HVLP paint gun #47016 on sale for $9.99. I'm tired of buying the expensive spray cans and ready to purchase a good reliable HVLP spray gun. Is the Harbor Freight one any good? If not what would be a good one to purchase? TIA and everyone have a SAFE & wonderful day.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

Lewis, I'm guessing the cast pulley as that's what's shown on "Adapting Package" spec sheet I posted on Monday. But you bring up an interesting variable.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Lewis Palma (Lpalma) on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

Would that belt be the one used with the cast pulley on the 70 or with the mechanical PTO setup? (scratch my head)

Don't ask don't tell policy...Never tell em how much you paid...

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 03:48 pm:

Harry, I read Craig's post as a statement not a question and thus didn't see it as requiring a response.

I agree that a model 70 with a 2 spindle, 38" mower deck would use a IH-464362-R1 drive belt.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Harry Bursell (Hydroharry) on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

Craig C and Kraig McC - (that's quite a line) - I didn't see a response from Kraig to Craig on the question about the belt. I had just provided the same info below to Daniel Z and was hoping to get the some type of confirmation myself (like from Charlie or Kraig).

Here's in part what I stated:
"according to the CCC parts look-up for the 70 with a 38" 2 blade deck you need Part No. IH-464362-R1 which converts to current Part No. 954-0226 1/2x82". "

(By the way, Charlie doesn't seem to have this belt under his "Belts" tab at CC Specialties but I did find it under the "Mower Blades" tab by scrolling down and down and down).

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(they just find another resting place)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Earl Ford (Eford) on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 11:53 pm:

Quinn it's at least worth looking at. You never know!

A man can never have too many tractors!!
At least if your friends have barn space...

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Quinn Good (Qgood) on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 05:15 pm:

Ok thanks

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

Quinn, might be, might not be. Depends on condition and what options, if any, it has. Without seeing it, it's hard to say.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Quinn Good (Qgood) on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

Hey guys I was just on cregslist and I found a 122 for 250 do you guys think that is a good deal

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Nate Bodin (Nbodin) on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Brett- any major work done to it? Maintenance and a well built machine really makes them last.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Craig Carney (Ccarney) on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 11:24 am:

thanks kraig!

I have this 2 spindle mower kit on a 70. Someone can correct me, but I believe I still use the stock deck belt found on the Original:
IH-464362-R1 BELT, DRIVE

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy David C. Quillen (Dquillen) on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 07:40 am:

Marlin, don't knock that throttle adjustment hole, they work great! LOL!! IH should have done it from the start with a chrome plug!

David

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marlin Homrighausen (Mhomrighausen) on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 04:05 am:

Brett H. Congratulations with that kind of performance. Would you have a couple of pictures to post?

This little fella followed me home last Sunday. Serial number 285835. He needs some TLC before heading to his new owner. That hole below the 104 is where a PO decided they couldn't adjust the throttle cable the normal way.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Earl Ford (Eford) on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 11:00 pm:

Brett if that's true then wow!!

A man can never have too many tractors!!
At least if your friends have barn space...

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy brett howland (Bhowland) on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

Hi all, I have a 1962 original that has been in continuous service mowing an acre yard for 54 seasons now, getting ready for 2017. I did a rough estimate that it might have 3000-3500 hours on it. Wondered how many others may have a similar track record? Best regards, Brett Howland.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Matt Gonitzke (Mgonitzke) on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 05:06 am:

If screen width is an issue, can we not have a resolution limit, i.e. 1024 x 768, instead of a file size limit? That's a LOT easier to accomplish when resizing. The image resizer on my Unix box out in the garage makes pictures extremely small in resolution to get them below 100kb.

Setting the camera to take tiny pictures is not a good solution; you can always make them smaller, but never bigger.

Original, 582, 682 w/ Kwik-Way loader, 782, 782D, 1872 My Cub Site (FINALLY fixed my website)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Harry Bursell (Hydroharry) on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 12:39 am:

Hey Daniel Z - hope it's not to late but I think the FAQ chart has a little discrepancy in identifying the belt you need.

You said you were going to get IH-473462 3/8 81". I believe that's the belt for a 38" 3-spindle deck. You have the 38" 2 blade timed deck and according to the CCC parts look-up for the 70 with a 38" 2 blade deck you need Part No. IH-464362-R1 which converts to current Part No. 954-0226 1/2x82". This belt also happens to the be same belt listed on the FAQ for the Original with a 38" 2 blade deck.

Charlie - you might want to verify the above and add a notation to the FAQ chart.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(they just find another resting place)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 04:21 pm:

It has nothing to do with bandwidth and storage space. We have unlimited everything.
It has to do with people putting pics in that make the page so big that others have to scroll to see it all.
We tried that a while back. Even a pic that's 50K and under gets way to big.

We'll try it again, but if things get out of hand, we'll have to convert back.

Vueprint does a super job of converting pics as long as you adjust or set the DPI to 5.

HD pics are not necessary, and there's not a phone out there that can't be set at 1 meg or less to take posting pics with a few taps of the finger.

"Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

9210 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.