The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * IH Cub Cadet Forum  

Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above!!

Thread Originator Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through February 14, 2017 Digger (Cproctor)
 30   02-16-17  02:18 pm
by David Schwandt (Ds
Archive through February 16, 2017 David Schwandt (Dsch
 30   02-18-17  02:11 pm
by Michael A.Masheris
Archive through February 18, 2017 Michael A.Masheris (
 30   02-21-17  12:16 pm
by Kraig McConaughey
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981.

EVERYONE must edit their profiles to UNCHECK the box that says Clear the cookie when I exit my browser!

There's NO such thing as a stupid question!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marlin Homrighausen (Mhomrighausen) on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 04:18 am:

Wayne S. Great picture! We need some nice weather here to start bringing the Cubs out.

Happiness is admitting that you have yellow and white fever.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy jeff l baker (Jbaker) on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

good picture Wayne

Cub Cadet hydros are the cats meow,,Why own anything else,

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Wayne Shytle (Wshytle) on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 04:40 pm:

Had a little garden action today. Two of the 149s just earning their keep. Mowed onions and leaves with the one on the right then turned it.

They both ran like sewing machines

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ethan kincaid (Ekincaid) on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 11:14 am:

Earl -I'm going to order a couple of kits on payday.as I stands yes my total stands at one but who knows what the future will bring I'm still on the hunt for an original closer to me and I would like to round out with a QL.I do have to say it's a prudent idea you have on the multiple kits for stock or tradin material

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Earl Ford (Eford) on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 11:54 pm:

Marlin that's a nice offer!
Ethan, I do buy local at times, but when I do, I prefer a former IH dealer that's about 40 miles away. Cub dealer that's 2 miles away is way to pricey.
I usually try and buy several kits at once from Charlie, but I think I might have a couple more tractors than you do...
A couple friends also know I like to keep duplicates of some on hand, convenient for them...

A man can never have too many tractors!!
At least if your friends have barn space...

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ethan kincaid (Ekincaid) on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 07:48 pm:

Nic -pardon my ignorance I' didn't realize that digger runs cc specialties

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ethan kincaid (Ekincaid) on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 05:04 pm:

Nic,earl- ok I'll look into cc specialties I'll be a team player.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Nic Bextermueller (Nbextermueller) on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 02:49 pm:

Ethan,

Well it might not be an accepted practice to mention it directly, you know that Charlie guy that has been giving you all the answers...

He literally owns this place, and CCSpecialties. So buy from him and the other sponsors. It keeps the lights on around here.

2016 season is underway!! Visit www.pantherpulling.com for more info!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Earl Ford (Eford) on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

Ethan, sponsors!! I highly recommend CC Specialties

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ethan kincaid (Ekincaid) on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 11:12 am:

Digger-ok thanks for the input I've gone thru all the fluids filters,tires and what not when I got the 125 in November I'll do the match test with the oil(that aught to be cool LOL)and jump off the deep end afterwards...think I'll still grab a carb rebuild kit I don't think it ever been done considering the "patina" on the carb it's self.Any ideas on a good kit I don't want to make the greedbay mistake I made with my pto rebuilt kit?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jason Wiggins (Jwiggins) on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 06:22 am:

Paul W,

Well treated cubbies, ready to work.
Excellent pic,

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marlin Homrighausen (Mhomrighausen) on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 04:05 am:

Paul W. Very nice Cub Cadet Barn.

Earl F. I may have a pair of front and rear tires for your Cub Cadet. No tubes though. I can check the tire pile this weekend.

Happiness is admitting that you have yellow and white fever.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Earl Ford (Eford) on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 12:16 am:

Charlie, I don't have enough tires to replace all my flats! Lol.

Since this pic, the rears have gone out, ha! I agree, 100 ran OK when I got it, but I popped the bowl off and found some junk, cleaned and ran way better. I still need to take glass bowl off again and replace upper gasket. Was planning on running tank out before now pushing that white stuff....

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 10:30 pm:

IMHO,
If you've never rebuilt the carb since you've owned it, or it's been YEARS, it wouldn't hurt.
But I'd find a starting point before you got to carried away, LOL

There's a few things I do to any new to me Cub.
Clean all the grounds, go through the fuel system, check out the wiring, and change all the fluids.
Of course the main thing would be fix the flat tires, LOL
Seems everyone I've brought outside of 2 had leaking tires.

"Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ethan kincaid (Ekincaid) on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

Digger-I'll pull a sample of oil tomorrow night your right as I've said in the past I work at a Chevy dealer here in RI so I have a very sensitive nose when it comes to fuel smells my pungent maybe someone's faint and your also right about the microscopic particles I had a bit of junk screwing up my generator had to pull the card and give it the complete carb cleaner treatment...do you think a carb rebuilt would be in order anyways or am I jumping the gun a bit???

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 09:09 pm:

Before I did anything, I'd make sure there was gas in the oil.
If so, then a carb kit OR a good cleaning would be in order.
All it takes is a microscopic piece of junk to screw things up sometimes.
The float issue would let gas rise to high in the bowl and suck it in the crankcase.
Since we have not perfected smell a screen yet, the term "pungent external smell" is a relative term.
What smells nasty to you might not to someone else.
Smells these days with the unleaded gas used by 90% of the people could be ok one time and stink the next time.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ethan kincaid (Ekincaid) on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 08:52 pm:

Digger-also would there be a pungent external smell with a float problem or is that an internal problem???

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ethan kincaid (Ekincaid) on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 08:50 pm:

Digger-if that should be the problem what's the fix for that

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

Ethan K.
You might have float issue letting gas back into the crankcase.
You can tell pretty quick after running it a while by draining some oil out in a small metal container and getting a match close to the oil.
If there's gas, you'll know it when the oil lights off.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ethan kincaid (Ekincaid) on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

Paul-I'm extremely jealous of your "toy box"/barn awesome I'd love that.i have my 125 shoe horned into my one car garage with my project wooden canoe, my mtd rototiller my work bench my pellet supply for my pellet stove and the most important thing my full sized beer fridge

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ethan kincaid (Ekincaid) on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

Ok I'm not sure if I'm paranoid or what but I've been smelling fuel from my 125 fuel valve is off and no visible leaks or pooling on the the frame or drips on the floor I checked the oil and it smells odd.I guess I could smell a bit of fuel in the oil but I'm not sure,I changed the oil and filter about a month ago and haven't run it that much since any ideas fellas could I have done something to the engine when I fired but the qa 36 for the first time it did get jammed with snow and smoked the belt I've since replaced the belt and run the blower with success

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Nate Bodin (Nbodin) on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

David S.
The wave washer goes between the park lock lever and the pedal. No washer on the cross shaft that I'm aware of.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy paul warfle (Pwarfle) on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 06:31 pm:

New barn for the IH "Toys". 72 under the entry roof, 100 w/ blower and 104 with blade ready for snow. Yes this is a photo from about 1 month or so ago - 50's and sunny here in Mi this week. Only had to plow twice this winter - bummer. Barn

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 02:40 pm:

David S.
Yes on it being a wave washer.
CLICK HERE to get one.
It's PN/ 736-3001

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

Are you sure it isn't a washer related to the clutch return spring and it's retention? I have never seen a washer in the area you suggest......

Brake lock is an option.....

"There's nothing more peaceful than plowing a field, chances are you'll do your best thinking there"

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy David Schwandt (Dschwandt) on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

104 Clutch question.....
The parts look-up for the clutch pedal assly #14 lists a "spring washer" in association with it.
Of course it is NLA and is not pictured.

Would this washer have been a "wave washer" and have gone between the pedal and frame bushing on the outside of the frame? Perhaps to take up any lateral slop in this area and prevent rattles? And keep the brake lock away from the frame some?
Or, would this have been a wave washer on the rivet that holds the brake lock in place?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Mike Patterson (Mpatterson) on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

Makes sense Kraig! I get it, just takes a while with my pea brain head!!

Matt, Steve, Kraig - thank you for the valuable info and the schooling. Now ya all know why I rode the short bus to school.

Now EVERYONE wants a Cub!

Beware of the wife, she might find the rest of your Cubs!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Earl Ford (Eford) on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

I did a test with an electric fuel pump on my 782 and left the old pump where it is. I don't have a cube like Steve suggested but am getting one. You don't want a hole in the block, it just begs for some kind of problem to happen. The old pump will be great block off plate, and using the hose routing both sides of the old pump together will keep it contained, not letting anything in or out of the block. It's also simplistic instead of making a block off plate.
Verify the float in the carb is working, route new fuel lines from tank to pump to carb and you should be back in business!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

9191 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.