The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * IH Cub Cadet Forum  

Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above!!

Thread Originator Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 09, 2017 Marlin Homrighausen
 30   10-12-17  03:50 am
by Marlin Homrighause
Archive through October 12, 2017 Kraig McConaughey "K
 30   10-13-17  10:03 am
by Ron R. Schmitt (Rr
Archive through October 13, 2017 Dennis Frisk (Dfrisk
 30   10-14-17  10:52 am
by Marty A. Gwin (Mgw
Archive through October 14, 2017 Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin
 30   10-15-17  08:07 pm
by Kraig McConaughey
Archive through October 16, 2017 Shultzie (Kshultz)
 30   10-20-17  08:38 am
by Jason Wiggins (Jw
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981.

EVERYONE must edit their profiles to UNCHECK the box that says Clear the cookie when I exit my browser!

There's NO such thing as a stupid question!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 09:14 am:

Yes, 935 white is probably your best bet....

The most peaceful thing in the world is plowing a field. Chances are youíll do your best thinking that way. And thatís why Iíve always thought and said, farmers are the smartest people in the world, they donít go for high hats and they can spot a phony a mile off. - Harry Truman

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy David Schwandt (Dschwandt) on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 08:19 am:

The 149 gets a new bar!
And Les' new welding table get's its 1st project!
42" of new 3/8" x 3" bar was $27
Gotta do something different w/that exhaust and get it off the grill.
IH 935 Iron Guard for the loader paint??
Same as for the Cub??
Correct??

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Brian Kattner (Bkattner) on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 11:34 pm:

Think you're right Steve. Just got the 'Red 4WD Tractors' book this week. 43s started with white cabs and went to red when the 45s came out. Didn't think a 43 would pull that big of a plow.

Back to Cubs, I'm thinking about picking up an Original....has fenders, but the seat is wrong. How hard are they to find? Otherwise it looks pretty straight. Asking price of a few hundred, says it runs. No deck. Will need paint later on for sure.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 11:17 pm:

Brian,

4366, if I recall correctly the 4568 had a red cab with white top.....

The most peaceful thing in the world is plowing a field. Chances are youíll do your best thinking that way. And thatís why Iíve always thought and said, farmers are the smartest people in the world, they donít go for high hats and they can spot a phony a mile off. - Harry Truman

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

Nate

Sharp 12-0!!!!!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Nate Bodin (Nbodin) on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 01:37 am:

I missed OTF cause there was work to be done. Please forgive me. The brief rain shower shut me down 15 minutes ago combining soybeans. Here's a pic of my brothers tractor when I was hauling boxes earlier in the night.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Brian Kattner (Bkattner) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

What's pulling the 12 bottom plow? Looks like the old style cab, 4568?

My Uncles bought a 1206 in the mid 70s....hated the white. Painted the wheels and fenders red. I can recall riding on it with my Dad after the paint job, and that had to be about 1980 or so. I was 5, and that tractor was HUGE at the time. They still have it, and I put a lot of hours on it in my teens-early 20s.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ethan Kincaid (Ekincaid) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

Digger,All,just watched the clip Digger posted of General Kellyís White House briefing...Wow,powerful stuff General Kellyís a great man,thanks to all the veterans out there

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ethan Kincaid (Ekincaid) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

Marty Iíll meet you in Tennessee and weíll switch up driving from there LOL

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 07:24 pm:

If you are talking about Fargo, ND, it's only 1,400 miles and 21 hours (non-stop) drive from here!

Nice IH, Jerry!

"The man who moves mountains begins by carrying away small stones one at a time."

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Gerry Ide (Kide) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 07:15 pm:

Walking across the road yesterday morning, a guy starts to back a triple axle trailer down the neighbor's driveway.. I thought maybe Dan had finally seen the light and got a decent tractor to plow his 3/8 mile driveway - nope, he's keeping it until his brother-in-law can figure how to get it shipped from Mid-Michigan to Arizona. That's Dan - perusing the size of a W9....

W0-1

W9-2

W9-3

"An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it." - Jef_Mallett

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Brian Wittman (Bwittman) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

WOW! that is quite a collection on my back door. I live just across the river in Moorhead, and haven't heard about this guy or this auction. Details anyone?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ethan Kincaid (Ekincaid) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 05:35 pm:

Wow-he has the Fargo cub cadet promised land there,rewired the the rear lights tonight on my 1450 and now are also functional...I can say now that itís back to a fully functioning cub cadet 1450!!!!Now I need to order a decal kit when Charlie s back up and running

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ron R. Schmitt (Rrschmitt) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 03:03 pm:

Charlie,

WOW , looks like he has more Cubbies than even you. No wonder Cub Cadets are getting harder to find.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Harry Bursell (Hydroharry) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

Hey Charlie - I was wondering why that guy near Fargo was sending some units to auction. Then I noticed in the pic that alot of those units have the seat flipped up, so I suppose his roof started leaking (if that's what you call the curved top part of a Quonset Hut).

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(they just find another resting place)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jason Wiggins (Jwiggins) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

Mr. Plow,

Awesome camera angle, that's a lot of earth being moved!!!
International Moldboard Plows,,, Very Impressive pic,,,

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 12:03 pm:

quote:

Actually there a few going up for auction somewhere/somehow next week.

149loader

Charlie says I'm an INSTIGATOR.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 10:43 am:

Actually there a few going up for auction somewhere/somehow next week.
149loader

"Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 10:39 am:

Charlie, will you be bringing a trailer when you visit? :-)

Charlie says I'm an INSTIGATOR.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 10:37 am:

2+2 just for your Ron

How about the reversed negative on the 1086? Right out of a Buyers Guide from my collection....must have been taken in Europe or Australia......never seen a DT414 with oil filters and cooler on the LEFT side of the engine!!!

...and a 1206 with red fenders (likely retouched for a later dated advertisement...

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 10:27 am:

So there's a guy over by Fargo that I need to go visit!
peachfargo

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 10:17 am:

Right now he's got a KT-17 Series II in it, but he's thinking about a diesel.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ron R. Schmitt (Rrschmitt) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 09:32 am:

Looks like Steve B is getting ready for Plow Day! Love those old IH Picts. The Series 60 2+2's were cool tractors in hard times. The 2+2's were awesome for plowing and the Super 70's would had become a dominate force in the market had Case IH chosen to produce them. The 2+2's proved the value of having four wheel drive. After their demise, MFD soon became the standard on higher horsepower row crop tractors.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 09:08 am:

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 09:07 am:

With Plow Day right around the corner, it's time for OT Friday plow pics.......

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 09:04 am:

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 09:03 am:

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 09:01 am:

I like the integration of the Cyclops fender pans......good use for them and nice lines.....

Anybody hear what's under the hood?

One of the 900 series Kubota's would be cool.....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

9413 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.