The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!
Want to donate to help keep this site free to use?

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * IH Cub Cadet Forum  

Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above!!

Thread Originator Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 06, 2014 Kraig McConaughey "K
 30   10-10-14  11:53 am
by Jim Patchett (Jpat
Archive through October 10, 2014 Amy J. Kleyla (Akley
 30   10-12-14  12:34 pm
by Shane Peterson (Sp
Archive through October 12, 2014 Shane Peterson (Spet
 30   10-14-14  01:16 pm
by Shultzie (Kshultz)
Archive through October 14, 2014 Shultzie (Kshultz)
 30   10-16-14  12:16 pm
by adam sensenig (Ase
Archive through October 16, 2014 Shane Peterson (Spet
 30   10-20-14  11:36 am
by Jim Patchett (Jpat
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981.

EVERYONE must edit their profiles to UNCHECK the box that says Clear the cookie when I exit my browser!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Donald Tanner (Dtanner) on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 11:12 am:

Rob Neubauer

I can tell you that I took the input shaft out of the pump (hydro) on my 1512 and replace it with the shaft from a pump from a 149. I have used the 1512 for a few years now with no issues.

1 step forward 2 steps back always ! Later Don T

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Donald Tanner (Dtanner) on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 11:08 am:

Question for all the Cub electrical knowledge guys. Are all voltage regulators the same ? do Cub Cadets have a special one made just for them ? Thanks Don T

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 11:03 am:

Rob,

Implement relief will be shimmed to higher pressure and there has been issues with output gear/reduction gear when installing SGT hydro in std. GT trans (not sure if it's a hydro or reduction gear issue from memory).

I would consider moving the splined hydro to another collector who needs it and finding a std for the rebuild just to be safe.

IF you proceed, you will need a place for that input shaft, since it won't fit your std units........send it my way and I'll dispose of it properly.

"There's nothing more peaceful than plowing a field, chances are you'll do your best thinking there"

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Rob Neubauer (Rneubauer) on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 10:49 am:

Hydro question for the experts. I have recently successfully rebuilt 2 different Sundstrand 15U units, and have one more Quietline in need of the Hydro R&R. I have located a new 15U unit for what I believe is a Super type of cub (Splined input shaft, and splined output shaft on backside. If I were to tear down the new to me unit and replace the input shaft with a correct one, should I expect any issues? (i.e. anything else different between these units?)

Gear drives do great wheelies, but Hydro's are better! (I have seen the light)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 09:46 am:

Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above!!

"Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy dustin duncan (Djduncan) on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 09:33 am:

Ok thanks guys for the help after finding its a 10hp that got to make it a 102, Now on to the next part, locate a few parts then we are going to start the tare down, Any good parts place ?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine) (Fcurrier) on Monday, October 20, 2014 - 07:50 pm:

Dustin; If it's hydrostatic maybe it once looked like this:

"Cubbers Without Borders" -- Never lose altitude, air speed and ideas at the same time. -- I ain't done, yet! :-)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Donald Tanner (Dtanner) on Monday, October 20, 2014 - 05:32 pm:

Denny Kraig

I have this habit of scouting the back ground of a picture posted. I know I`am not alone doing this.

Dustan D

Looks like a worker . heck I bet you know that will cost you a few more cubs. I remember You got to have a Cub for every attachment I read on here when I was new , two will bring more I bet. Having fun and learning is it . and when your done you get to boast. the rest ; sit Cubs Work.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy jeff l baker (Jbaker) on Monday, October 20, 2014 - 04:49 pm:

Dustin Welcom enjoy your cub,, watch out they can be addicting

IH wide frame hydros are the cats meow,,Why own anything else

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Dennis Frisk (Dfrisk) on Monday, October 20, 2014 - 01:22 pm:

KRAIG - I didn't check the monthly serial number list, just the home page list. 218009 was a Nov. '67 build and I winged it for when a tractor about 4300 before that would have been built.

I would guess it was an early Sept. build.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Monday, October 20, 2014 - 01:16 pm:

Denny, actually that S/N places it in a September 1967 build.

Charlie says I'm an INSTIGATOR.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Monday, October 20, 2014 - 01:14 pm:

Here's how it would have originally been painted.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Dennis Frisk (Dfrisk) on Monday, October 20, 2014 - 01:12 pm:

Dustin - Looks like your CC is a 102/122 if a gear drive or a 123 if a hydrostatic drive. 10 HP K241 Kohler would make it a 102, 12 HP K301 Kohler a 122. A K241 has a flat bottom oil pan, K301 has a deep sump towards the front of the tractor sticking down about two inches the whole width of the engine.

Would have been built mid-year 1964.

Welcome to IHCC.com

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Monday, October 20, 2014 - 01:11 pm:

Dustin, photo is kind of small but it appears to be a gear drive and also appears to have a molded rubber seat which would indicate that it is a 102.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy dustin duncan (Djduncan) on Monday, October 20, 2014 - 12:55 pm:

Ok guys need some help on my first cub we and my 6 year old a getting started on restoring our first cub, I need help with mobel, we pick up a cub yesterday and it had been painted read and all i can find it the serial number on rear end its 213695 any advise on finding out the model, also all the nubers on motor have been painted

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

8329 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.