The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

If you would like to help maintain this site, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * IH Cub Cadet Forum  

Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above!!

Thread Originator Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 18, 2015 Ron R. Schmitt (Rrsc
 30   08-21-15  07:08 am
by John Boelens (Jboe
Archive through August 21, 2015 jeff l baker (Jbaker
 30   08-25-15  06:14 am
by Shultzie (Kshultz)
Archive through August 25, 2015 John Boelens (Jboele
 30   08-25-15  09:44 pm
by Charlie "Digger" P
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981.

EVERYONE must edit their profiles to UNCHECK the box that says Clear the cookie when I exit my browser!

There's NO such thing as a stupid question!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bill Alder (Balder) on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 09:35 pm:

Who doesn't love harbor freight. I have one of those meters it works fine.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Allen Schumacher (Aschumacher) on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

Marty and others, Harbor Freight has free meters with a coupon. They work well enough to take care of all Cubs problems. If the meter gives you problems, just step on it and get another one!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy jeff l baker (Jbaker) on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 07:45 pm:

Yesterday I cleaned out the cub shop and was kinda missing the cubs I got rid of this summer first time in a while that I only have 3 cubs and a beater.

But then I got a call telling me my big red IH400 was ready, more in the proper posting page IH cubs larger reletives.

IH wide frame hydros are the cats meow,,Why own anything else

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Harry Bursell (Hydroharry) on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 05:35 pm:

Earl F - hey I think you still saved a ton of money. If you had gone to a shop they likely would have charged for a new switch, solenoid and wiring harness plus labor :-)

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(but might have a component failure)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin) on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 05:01 pm:

A multimeter (voltmeter) is a wonderful tool!

I treat everyone equal until they start doing something they shouldn't!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Earl LaMott (Elamott) on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 12:36 pm:

Earl:
I have purchased unnecessary parts as you until I finally learned to test first if you can. A great comment so we all remember.
Earl LaMott

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Allen Schumacher (Aschumacher) on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 11:33 am:

Oh wow is it bright in here now. Charlie are those new bulbs the LED type? Sure do look nice. Did you get yourself a LED flashlight while you were there?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Earl Ford (Eford) on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 03:08 am:

This isn't so much a question as to helping others with any electrical problems they happen to come across. I hear time and time again from the great Cub gurus that checking the basic wiring connections between switches, v/r's, gen, etc. is a great place to start and find an easy solution, usually. In my (in)finite wisdom I had a starting problem on one of my 1450's. turn key to start, nothing. key on, jump solenoid, fires up. OK, solenoid went bad, it's the original. Replace with new, same problem. Pop plug off switch, jump and it turns over, OK, bad switch, swap out. Same problem, play with connector and 2 wires break off. I guess the good thing is I now have a new switch and solenoid for the future. And just the other day I suggested to someone their dead battery might be an easy issue. left the dome light on, saw it as soon as the jumper cables were connected, the door was closed and it was night.
So I humbly suggest to check, and maybe recheck the wires/connections before you start buying and replacing parts. At least if I had switched with known good parts, or tested the old I would not have been out the wasted time to the store. I do believe in 'extra' parts, got a shed full of them!

Charlie, thanks for turning the lights back on! My follies need to be known

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy jeff l baker (Jbaker) on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 09:57 pm:

IH wide frame hydros are the cats meow,,Why own anything else

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 09:17 pm:

Charlie says I'm an INSTIGATOR.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin) on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 08:02 pm:

I treat everyone equal until they start doing something they shouldn't!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

They had a 50% off sale on light bulbs today at Fleet Farm!

That and Myron B. brightened my day (pun intended) a whole lot, and I have to THANK him for that!

"Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Gerry Ide (Kide) on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 11:49 am:

All questions have been answered.....

"An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it." - Jef_Mallett

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 11:44 am:

I guess I forgot to shut the lights off when I left last night, so I'll handle that around noon or so today, since nothing is happening to keep it on!

"Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

8635 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.