The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

If you would like to help maintain this site, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * IH Cub Cadet Forum  

Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above!!

Thread Originator Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 15, 2016 Jason Wiggins (Jwig
 30   10-17-16  11:03 pm
by Nic Bextermueller
Archive through October 18, 2016 Jason Wiggins (Jwig
 30   10-19-16  06:42 pm
by David Schwandt (Ds
Archive through October 19, 2016 Earl LaMott (Elamott
 30   10-21-16  11:43 am
by Steve Blunier "Mr.
Archive through October 21, 2016 Jason Wiggins (Jwig
 30   10-24-16  10:33 am
by Mick morgan (Memor
Archive through October 24, 2016 Steve Blunier "Mr. P
 30   10-26-16  09:18 pm
by Glen Erickson (Ger
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981.

EVERYONE must edit their profiles to UNCHECK the box that says Clear the cookie when I exit my browser!

There's NO such thing as a stupid question!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jason Wiggins (Jwiggins) on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 04:25 am:

Everyone on the road today, drive careful and be safe!!!

Oh yeah and also, Take lots of pics,,,

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Earl Ford (Eford) on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

I wonder if the starting circuit stayed engaged. I had a Simplicity do that and fried the s/g in 2 hours.

A man can never have too many tractors!!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie Proctor (Cproctor) on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 06:53 pm:

Mike W.
Welcome to the forum!

You didn't mention anything about the voltage regulator.
What king of voltage is it throwing out?

And they should have been able to tell you the first time, WHY it wasn't generating.

"Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Mike Watson (Mdwatson) on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 05:43 pm:

Hello, i have a 127, have had it for 20 years now and it has run great. had to have the generator rebuilt 2-3 years ago and it 'went' this past spring. Had it rebuilt, and two months later it was not generating. When i brought it in to the tractor repair shop (great people) they stated that the generator essentially had overheated and literally melted. they have not been able to find the problem. the harness is relatively new, new solenoid, starter switch. does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong. thanks

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Harry Bursell (Hydroharry) on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 03:22 pm:

David - better get some gloves for that little guy. NICE!!!!

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(they just find another resting place)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jonathan Danial Salatino (Jsalatino) on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 01:38 pm:

Wyatt... I guess I can try one , I've heard some people like them or they don't. I'm not putting a heavier spring on it . That Wheatland was nice.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy David Schwandt (Dschwandt) on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 12:30 pm:

Here's our future snow blade operator @ 18mos.
May not be on the 126 though, at least not yet!
I think they both will relegated to observing for a few seasons yet!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Shultzie (Kshultz) on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

I'd like to see some pics of that.

With today's technology, do we really need daylight savings time?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Wyatt Compton (Wcompton) on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 10:41 am:

Driveshaft assembly-
When I built the Wheatland I bypassed all the fuss compressing the spring: take a McMaster 61005K133 coupling backing up the spring (lots of surface area there, it won't slip) and a face-mount shaft collar like McMaster 9677T23. You can use the two holes in the collar to compress the spring and the coupling.

In fact you can leave the collar on the shaft and use it to adjust spring tension after the driveline is installed.

No need to endanger your fingers or send an assembly across the shop, bolt in and go.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jonathan Danial Salatino (Jsalatino) on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 10:15 pm:

I know a vise works good, I've done 3 or 4 like that. Especially when the roll pins and driveshaft is rusted together and need cut off. Its not something that I need , more like a want. Probably will use the grade 8 hardware , even though its a little over kill . Its what I have sitting around the garage.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

9112 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.