The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!
Want to donate to help keep this site free to use?

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * IH Cub Cadet Forum  

Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above!!

Thread Originator Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 03, 2014 Daniel Glinski (Drgl
 30   11-06-14  04:03 pm
by Ryan McShane (Rmcs
Archive through November 06, 2014 Matt Diamond (Mdiamo
 30   11-09-14  01:43 pm
by Bob Elliott (Belli
Archive through November 09, 2014 doug barnett (Dlbarn
 30   11-13-14  08:18 am
by Dennis Frisk (Dfri
Archive through November 13, 2014 Charlie "Digger" Pro
 30   11-15-14  09:36 pm
by Charlie "Digger" P
Archive through November 15, 2014 Charlie "Digger" Pro
 30   11-17-14  07:20 pm
by Charlie "Digger" P
Archive through November 17, 2014 Mike Patterson (Mpat
 30   11-19-14  05:10 pm
by Paul W.Roessler (P
Archive through November 19, 2014 Lewis Palma (Lpalma)
 30   11-21-14  06:36 pm
by jeff l baker (Jbak
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981.

EVERYONE must edit their profiles to UNCHECK the box that says Clear the cookie when I exit my browser!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy David Schwandt (Dschwandt) on Saturday, November 22, 2014 - 08:31 am:

Matt M. the edge of the lower frame rail is probably cracked somewhat right in the corner at the front and bent upwards allowing the grill to lean backwards resulting in the problem you describe.

Probably needs straightened out and welded. Would be a good idea to reinforce that area with a flat washer welded on the bottom side maybe.

I have the same problem w/a 126 I am restoring and discovered cracks in that area after sandblasting the frame.

Or, as a temporary fix, add flat washers under the rear 2 grill mounting bolts to compensate for the rearward tilt. At the very least, check for loose grill mount bolts.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kevin Conway (Kconway) on Friday, November 21, 2014 - 10:22 pm:

An update on my dimming lights. The other night when the lights dimmed, it was windy and snowing covering the tractor (and me) in snow. This morning when I used it, it wasn't snowing or blowing so not much snow on the tractor and the lights seemed to be OK and the charge meter needle pointed just barely to the charge side. I wander if something got wet and caused the lights to dim? Guess I'll check the wires and connections this weekend, maybe I'll find a broken wire or something.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Friday, November 21, 2014 - 09:48 pm:

Jeff,

Blunier Ramming Speed!!!!!!

"There's nothing more peaceful than plowing a field, chances are you'll do your best thinking there"

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy matt moredick (Mmoredick) on Friday, November 21, 2014 - 09:06 pm:

I like the 12hp of the 124, but I miss my 70. So time to start the winter repairs. That brings a few questions for You all.

First, why does my hood hit my steering wheel when I open it? It all seems and looks original.I do not see any adjustments to the column to raise it.
second, will the 7hp engine work a 42" Deck? I want to get wider turf tires for the rear like my 124 but I see the 38" deck rear wheels do not fit with them.
Last one for tonight, I like the quiet muffler in the 124, can I put one on my 70? I was concerned about back pressure.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Daniel Glinski (Drglinski) on Friday, November 21, 2014 - 07:50 pm:

If you get your chains tight enough you won't need straps. I jack my cub up, let all the air out of the tire, put the chain on tight, then re inflate the tire. No bungees or binders required.

Proud owner of a 147 (IH spring assist) w/48" mower, 42" blade and (on loan- dad's) #2 tiller.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy jeff l baker (Jbaker) on Friday, November 21, 2014 - 07:17 pm:

Jim, if I slowed down I couldn't do this, and the tractor made it all the way thru the drift.

Heres a link to one of my most memorable time using my cubs, it was a great time

http://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/22744/266641.html?1389967514

IH wide frame hydros are the cats meow,,Why own anything else

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jim Patchett (Jpatchett) on Friday, November 21, 2014 - 06:52 pm:

Jeff,

Yes

Tighten your chains, add elastic straps and slow down its winter.

Jim

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

8374 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.