The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

If you would like to help maintain this site, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * IH Cub Cadet Forum  

Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above!!

Thread Originator Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 14, 2015 John Boelens (Jboele
 30   04-15-15  12:12 am
by Nic Bextermueller
Archive through April 15, 2015 Harry Bursell (Hydro
 30   04-16-15  08:29 pm
by David Schwandt (Ds
Archive through April 16, 2015 Steve Blunier "Mr. P
 30   04-18-15  05:48 pm
by Marlin Homrighause
Archive through April 18, 2015 Jim Patchett (Jpatch
 30   04-20-15  06:17 pm
by John Boelens (Jboe
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981.

EVERYONE must edit their profiles to UNCHECK the box that says Clear the cookie when I exit my browser!

There's NO such thing as a stupid question!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Harry Bursell (Hydroharry) on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 04:07 am:

Marlin - are you up late or up early??? Glad Vincent really confirmed what I was seeing. The 16hp parts are getting hard to find and that means expensive too.

Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - thanks for posting the pic of the bolt ID details.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(but might have a component failure)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marlin Homrighausen (Mhomrighausen) on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 03:55 am:

Vincent T. WOW!!! Now I better put rebuilding Fancy's engine above restoring the Pow'r Pup. Thank You for givng me a heads up on that.

We are only as smart as the politicians we elect to office.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Harry Bursell (Hydroharry) on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 03:00 am:

Richard W - I think it's common for those screws that hold the air cleaner cover, to strip out over time. I've had a few of the Quiet Lines that had the holes in the carb tapped slightly larger and studs inserted so you can use nuts to hold the air cleaner cover. That way you don't have to use screws and worry about stripping the threads.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(but might have a component failure)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Lewis Palma (Lpalma) on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 10:04 pm:

John,
those are prolly just as to hard to find just as putting a 3 spindle 38"cast end deck on a Original .

Don't ask don't tell policy...Never tell em how much you paid...

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Richard Walker, Jr. (Rwalker) on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 09:49 pm:

Today I took the snow thrower off of one of the 1450ís and then began to do the spring maintenance. While the oil was draining I began to take the air filter cover off. When I touched the nut for the whole air cleaner assembly it began to move (not good). I removed the outer cover and found the holes for the three retaining screws on the filter backing plate wallered out. Worse yet, ONE OF THE SCREWS WAS MISSING. After looking around thinking it might have dropped out, and not finding it, I began to disassemble and remove the carb. Below is what I found. Further investigation, I found two of the screw holes were stripped. I will now have to install Heli-Coil inserts to fix the carb.

missing screw

Luckily after removing the screw and putting most of it back together, left off the air cleaner assembly, it ran fine.
Rich W.

Iím not growing up; I just play with bigger toys!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 08:04 pm:

John, I have no idea how hard they are to find. Here's all I have on it:

Charlie says I'm an INSTIGATOR.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy John Boelens (Jboelens) on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

Darn archive bug! :-) ---> Is the kit for mounting a "Original" timed deck on a 70 a hard to find item? Includes the special Mule drive, the side brackets and engine pulley for crank. I don't know the serial number of the 70 unfortunately, as the rearend was MIA.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

8389 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.