The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!
Want to donate to help keep this site free to use?

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * IH Cub Cadet Forum  

Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above!!

Thread Originator Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 11, 2014 Tom Hoffman (Thoffma
 30   09-13-14  05:57 am
by Mike Patterson (Mp
Archive through September 13, 2014 John C. Lazar (Jclaz
 30   09-17-14  06:54 am
by brad reese (Breese
Archive through September 17, 2014 Steve Blunier "Mr. P
 30   09-18-14  08:40 pm
by joshua donald ster
Archive through September 18, 2014 Jim Patchett (Jpatch
 29   09-20-14  09:02 pm
by Steve Blunier "Mr.
Archive through September 20, 2014 John C. Lazar (Jclaz
 30   09-23-14  12:50 pm
by Kraig McConaughey
Archive through September 23, 2014 Dennis Frisk (Dfrisk
 30   09-25-14  05:58 pm
by Jim Patchett (Jpat
Archive through September 25, 2014 Nic Bextermueller (N
 30   09-28-14  09:41 am
by Gerry Ide (Kide)
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981.

EVERYONE must edit their profiles to UNCHECK the box that says Clear the cookie when I exit my browser!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Donald Tanner (Dtanner) on Monday, September 29, 2014 - 07:29 pm:

David Collins

My first Cub Cadet was a 129 that I refurbished and install a loader . 129 and 149 ,169 should be tops for the best Cubs , Just saying. enjoy that Cub . efforts made will be rewarded . wfm

1 step forward 2 steps back always ! Later Don T

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Randy Cahoy (Rcahoy) on Monday, September 29, 2014 - 06:52 pm:

Thanks Jim for the information. Decided just to put in the new head gaskets, clean and put the recommended oil weight in. My guess is 30 weight oil was causing the overheating. Runs like a charm again! Doesn't seem to need anything deeper. Everyones help in this forum is awesome.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy DAVID A CALKINS (Dcalkins) on Monday, September 29, 2014 - 03:45 pm:

Terry ,when i remove the head bolts ,i take a old head gasket ,and place the head bolts in them as they come out ,so you will never be wrong ,also run a tap down the holes to be sure they are clean ,David

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Rob Fuller (Rfuller) on Monday, September 29, 2014 - 12:19 pm:

Son took the starter/generator to a shop. They replaced the feild coils and son says its charging now.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy joshua donald stertz (Jstertz) on Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 06:40 pm:

David--nice find! The 1x8/9 series is widely regarded in our community as arguably one of the best cub series ever made!

Now I couldn't tell from your profile, Is this your first cub? You mentioned "making it new again". Are you planning a full restoration? If you start a restoration, start a thread on the restoration and refurbish page. That way we can all follow your progress and it keeps all those related posts in one area. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this tractor and how you came to purchase it.

Good luck!!!

Bit Hard by the "Cub Bug"
Josh Stertz

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy jeff l baker (Jbaker) on Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 06:21 pm:

nice, does it have lites?

IH wide frame hydros are the cats meow,,Why own anything else

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy david collins (Dlcollins) on Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 05:59 pm:

brought this 129 home today, cant wait to get started making her new again.

deck spindles are frozen up but does have the wood roller on it

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Terry Davis (Tbdavis) on Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 10:29 am:

Kraig - thank you very much - had me scared for a bit! I'm sure it's been said many times but I really appreciate your work and contribution on this forum. Makes it possible for boneheads like me to enjoy this hobby.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

8299 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.