The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * IH Cub Cadet Forum  

Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above!!

Thread Originator Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 15, 2017 Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin
 30   04-16-17  08:45 pm
by Marty A. Gwin (Mgw
Archive through April 16, 2017 Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin
 30   04-18-17  02:56 pm
by John Paper (Jjpape
Archive through April 18, 2017 Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin
 30   04-20-17  05:51 pm
by Marty A. Gwin (Mgw
Archive through April 20, 2017 Rodney Kelm (Rkelm)
 30   04-22-17  07:28 pm
by Ethan Kincaid (Eki
Archive through April 22, 2017 Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin
 30   04-25-17  02:09 pm
by Digger (Cproctor)
Archive through April 25, 2017 Digger (Cproctor)
 29   04-27-17  07:13 pm
by Digger (Cproctor)
Archive through April 27, 2017 Digger (Cproctor)
 30   04-28-17  09:27 pm
by Digger (Cproctor)
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981.

EVERYONE must edit their profiles to UNCHECK the box that says Clear the cookie when I exit my browser!

There's NO such thing as a stupid question!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Quinn Good (Qgood) on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

Yes they were Kohler parts I took the rod to place and they said it looks good

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Earl Ford (Eford) on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 06:12 pm:

I had bought some cheapies before and only wasted my $ on them. Plenty of times genuine oem is the only thing that works. I've learned that on many vehicles. Kohler points are only way to go for me.

A man can never have too many tractors!!
At least if your friends have barn space...

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

Quinn G.
There is a possibility that the new points arm is bent or otherwise screwed!
Put the old points in and try it!
Did you buy OEM Kohler points???

"Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marlin Homrighausen (Mhomrighausen) on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 11:12 am:

Mike S. Nice 70! Congratulations.

Paul B. Do you have an extra 7hp head? A PO actually drilled the spark plug hole out and inserted a bigger spark plug bottom into the new threaded hole and then put back the correct spark plug into the oversized spark plug's newly threaded hole on my Original.

Happiness is admitting that you have yellow and white fever.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Quinn Good (Qgood) on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 09:05 am:

Before I got new points the tractor ran before so I don't know if I'm gonna need to tear the engine apart but the rod is not moving so I can't adjust it

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 08:33 am:

Just so you all will know, the new rods you buy today are steel composite.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ethan Kincaid (Ekincaid) on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 08:22 am:

Maybe I should check the points rod today before I drop the motor back into Iron Patriot,all this point rod talk has made me paranoid

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy David Schwandt (Dschwandt) on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 07:46 am:

Quin, I have the same problem w/my 1650.
Going to pull the engine and open it up to see what the issue is.
My rod is free to move in and out but acts like the cam is flat. points will only just start to open just a hair and that's all. New rod does the same thing, has no action at all.
Yes, you should be able to remove the rod w/your fingers, that is unless it is mushroomed on the inner end. it's only aluminum.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Quinn Good (Qgood) on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 06:35 am:

Ok I will

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

Quinn G.
Take the rod out and post a pic of it for us.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

9253 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.