The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * IH Cub Cadet Forum  

Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above!!

Thread Originator Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 01, 2018 Danny McCloskey (Dmc
 30   07-03-18  02:17 pm
by Shultzie (Kshultz)
Archive through July 03, 2018 Earl Ford (Eford)
 30   07-05-18  02:02 pm
by Larry Kortkamp (Lk
Archive through July 05, 2018 Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin
 30   07-09-18  01:00 pm
by Digger (Cproctor)
Archive through July 09, 2018 Craig Carney (Ccarne
 30   07-12-18  02:12 pm
by Kraig McConaughey
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Use this topic for OPEN discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment or what ever suits ya!
We're trying something new to open things up a little!

EVERYONE must edit their profiles to UNCHECK the box that says Clear the cookie when I exit my browser!

There's NO such thing as a stupid question!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 06:21 am:

Steve, nice job!

Charlie says I'm an INSTIGATOR.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Shultzie (Kshultz) on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 05:45 am:

The barn looks good Steve B. and so does the fire pit.

With today's technology, do we really need daylight savings time?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 10:24 pm:

Thad,

Get new clamps, or make your own with 2 bolts and flat plates.

The most peaceful thing in the world is plowing a field. Chances are youíll do your best thinking that way. And thatís why Iíve always thought and said, farmers are the smartest people in the world, they donít go for high hats and they can spot a phony a mile off. - Harry Truman

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 09:45 pm:

Look down to me, and all 5 I have here are down as well.
down

"Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ray Van Mersbergen (Rvanmersbergen) on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 09:32 pm:

Thanks Charlie, how about one more silly question, the 4 bolts holding seat spring, nuts go up or down?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 09:27 pm:

o1
o2

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ray Van Mersbergen (Rvanmersbergen) on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 08:50 pm:

Hey all, what is the general thought on color of mule drive cover on an "O"? Yellow or white I have seen them both ways.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Danny McCloskey (Dmccloskey) on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 08:03 am:

Got the 127 back together yesterday. Have to weld a place on the Haban sickle bar mower before I put it back on.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jim Storma (Jstorma) on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 09:40 pm:

Steve,

Nice transformation!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Earl Ford (Eford) on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

Steve that's awesome!

I was out trying to make a deal on a pile of cubs, and replacing a big truck drive shaft. Not sure what will happen, at least a 106, 109 and 1x5, incomplete besides other bits and pieces of??

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier) on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 07:24 pm:

Cub shed from 2001...has officially been upgraded to Cub Barn 2018!!! Just finished trim this evening...

First 12x20, then 6x20 addition, then 10x20 addition....28x20 in final state, only thing it needs is a milking parlor!

The most peaceful thing in the world is plowing a field. Chances are youíll do your best thinking that way. And thatís why Iíve always thought and said, farmers are the smartest people in the world, they donít go for high hats and they can spot a phony a mile off. - Harry Truman

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Mike Frade (Mfrade) on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 06:43 pm:

What did you kill Marty???

Cub, Cub, Cub...

Did you think this slow day was your fault?

Cub, cub, cub....

Nah, everyone must be out with the significant other. Cub. Cub, cub...

Tryin' to keep up with the repartee'

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin) on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 05:52 pm:

I killed it!

"The man who moves mountains begins by carrying away small stones one at a time."

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin) on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 11:33 am:

Nice setup Wayne. Nice cubs too.

Pine is my least favorite tree, and sweet gum is pretty close.
A chainsaw would fix that!

"The man who moves mountains begins by carrying away small stones one at a time."

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Wayne Shytle (Wshytle) on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 09:26 am:

I finally got the lawn sweeper assembled and ready to go. I've never used one of these critters so I'm just hoping for the best. It will be used for grass clippings mainly but I plan to try it on sweet gum balls and pine cones too.

That's the lean mean grass cutting 149 in the background.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 07:56 am:

Danny M.
No! Thank you!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Danny McCloskey (Dmccloskey) on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 06:32 am:

Charlie

I got the driveshaft for the 127, and other parts yesterday.

Thanks a lot!!

Danny

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Gerry Ide (Kide) on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 10:20 pm:

Kraig - my dad bought a new '79 Turbo Cobra Mustang , Red.. My son bought it in '80 or '81, drove for a long time, sits in his driveway now. Lots of rust :-(

"An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it." - Jef_Mallett

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 07:15 pm:

Gerry, wow. At least the guy gave you a deal on them.

I used to have a 1980 Mercury Capri, it was the low production Turbo RS model. It had lots of special parts. It had an inline fuel filter/check valve near the fuel tank that was unique to the turbo model. It went NLA back in around 1987 it had special threads or at least they sure seemed special as I was never able to find anything that matched it. I sold the car to Wyatt C. back around 2004 and he sold it to some guy in Iowa a few years ago. Wonder how it's doing.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Gerry Ide (Kide) on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 04:05 pm:

Speaking of NLA's ..
Replacing the starter on a '95 E350 Ford 460.. One of the bolts seized and broke (luckily broke in the starter, not the bell housing). Bolts are 3/8 but have a 1/2 hex head with a shoulder and lock washer. Tight location on the back bolt, a 9/16 socket won't fit. Called Ford dealer, bolts are NLA, found two at a dealer 30 miles away. 90+ degrees today, perfect for a 60 mile ride. Bolts list for 16 bucks apiece per the counter guy, he charged me 8 bucks, said his cost.. Nice day for a ride..

"An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it." - Jef_Mallett

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Wayne Shytle (Wshytle) on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 07:15 am:

I think Agri-Supply was started in Garner NC. I know I use to live about a mile from the store when it was maybe a 100' x 80' building on Hwy 70 just east of Raleigh in Garner. That was in the mid 70s. It is now a building several acres big located right behind the old building. It's one heck of a toy store for sure. You name it, more than likely they have it. Of course, only about 1% of their stock (guessing) is made in America. You know where the rest comes from. One thing I know for sure is I have spent a lot of money/time there.

I now live about 40 minutes away and have an Agri-Supply list I keep. I buy most of my hardware there, certain tools, lawn mower blades (great selection), and most anything related to farming/gardening needs. They also have anything related to axles, hitches, jacks, trailers, etc. I have two leaf springs on my list for the trac-vac I plan to build one day. I plan the trip with a friend and we usually just make a day of it. One can easily spend two hours just walking around the store. There's a restaurant close by called "Toot and Tell It" that has a good country food buffet and we try and eat there. The restaurant was also there when I lived in Garner so it's been around for quite a while. And yes, we use to call it "poot and smell it" for laughs. If you know who Scotty McCreery is he is from Garner but he wasn't even a twinkle in his parents eyes when I was there.

Oh, is it OTF??? I do see it's the 13th.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 07:07 am:

Charlie, I still have those shades!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 06:54 am:

Charlie, wow, that was from September of 2000 up at the family cabin.

Marty, my father and I were reroofing the old section of the cabin and using the 125 to haul shingles and for hauling firewood from around the 40 acres. The soil up there is very sandy and loose the chains were for extra traction.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Thad Bergh (Tbergh) on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 10:47 pm:

i see what you guys are saying but the problem is the shank will not work in the brinly clamps as they are 3/4 not 1 3/16 whish is what the agri supply hiller kits

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Marty A. Gwin (Mgwin) on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 07:22 pm:

Thad,

That hiller kit sounds good. Looks like Steve found the ticket.
That setup works fine making new rows.

One thing though; with only around 8 inches of clearance, that would probably not work when the crops start growing.
When everything starts growing, I take a cultivator and put a layoff blade on one end and go down each side.

One of those hillers would also work on one end.
Probably better than the layoff blade would. Might have to get one of those myself!

Charlie,

What is Kraig doing with chains on in the summer? Must be some swampy terrain nearby.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 05:28 pm:

Kraig looks kinda snazzy on the 125 with shades!

I've got a press ordered and one the way, If it's gonna get broke, I'm going to do the breakin!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Harry Bursell (Hydroharry) on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 05:21 pm:

Charlie - "Summer Time Fun", well don't we need a video with music to go with that?

And by the way, did you get a multi-ton press yet to use on that UD-6. If I were you I'd just take it someplace instead, so you could blame any problem on them

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(they just find another resting place)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Digger (Cproctor) on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 04:49 pm:

Summer time fun!
kraig

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

9614 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.