The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!
Want to donate to help keep this site free to use?

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * CCC and MTD Machines & Equipment * 1440 Charging and PTO problem < Previous Next >

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy w.d.jeffcoat (Wjeffcoat) on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 05:42 pm:

O.K. Got my 28+-AC from stator but only 12.8+- on red output from rectifier/regulator.

One could assume, (Oh No!!) I need a rectifier?

What does the voltage sensor part #929-3080 (Little round thingy) replacing 725-3165 do?

Thanks!
WJ

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy w.d.jeffcoat (Wjeffcoat) on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 08:34 am:

Hope I am permitted to shake the bushes again on where to start trouble shooting the charging system on Model 1440 w/B&S Vanguard 14HP. Only getting 12.8 vdc while running and when flip PTO on Charge lite comes on.

Thanks! WJ

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy w.d.jeffcoat (Wjeffcoat) on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 07:20 pm:

I have a 1440 and have the same problem, have not dug into it yet but suspect I have a charging/rectifier problem?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Allen Schumacher (Aschumacher) on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 09:08 pm:

Dave, I know little/nothing about a 1440. But.. there have been situations on the main forum where the "potting" material in an electric clutch fell apart/out of the clutch assy. Maybe eyeball the clutch and see if material is falling out of it. Also put a meter on it between the power wire and the chassis and see what the resistance is. That info may help others to help you. A.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy David Gallagher (Dgallagher) on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 06:29 pm:

I am working on a 1440 for a friend. The discharge light stays on when the electric PTO is engaged. After a time the PTO wil not engage at all. He has a new battery. All of my experience is with the 1X8 and 1X9 series. Any ideas?? Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

8224 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.