The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

We have someone that can use a little help right now, due to some health issues. Bryan McMeen has had some really severe health issues this year and needs our assistance. We're looking for all of you good people out there to step up and give a little, give a lot, or just give anything to help a fellow human being out in a time of need.

I have faith in you folks, so DON'T let me down!!!!

100% of all donations will be going to Bryan.

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * CCC and MTD Machines & Equipment * Mower decks for 2086 < Previous Next >

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jim Diederichs (Jdiederichs) on Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 10:28 am:

Jeramiah,

Good research! Yes, as you said the 1811 stuff will work well provided you make the adjustments you listed. I was looking for that info but since I can't even find my glasses sometimes it's no surprise you beat me to it.
Jeff,
Once it is installed take the time to level the deck front to back and side to side for a very nice looking cut. I personally like the "Gator Mulching Blades" on the 44 and 50" IH type decks. They really work well. You will sure like the power steering and all the great features of that tractor. Think of it as an 1811 on steroids

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jeremiah Chamberlin (Jchamberlin) on Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 06:37 pm:

Jeff,
I did read your post earlier, but I was hoping someone with more experience would respond.

Here is what I know. According to Parts Lookup, your 2082 is classified as a SUPER Garden tractor, which means it has a longer wheel base and larger tires, and frequently a larger engine as well, and several parts DO NOT interchange with the smaller Garden Tractors in the same series, like a 582, 682, 782, etc. However, I think the under-carriage WILL interchange if it is set up correctly.

On page 17 of the 22 page QA 38C 44C 50C Series Deck Operator's Manual (available in the Manuals Section of the Forum accessible from the opening page), there are instructions for setting the carriage up for a 982 tractor using "Position 4."

I've clipped the page, but you will probably find it easier to read if you download the entire manual from the Manuals section.

SeriesCpage17

I find that the engineers worked out a lot of kinks by the time the 82 Series appeared, a situation MTD exploited for years (some might say they're still exploiting it).

I trust you will find this information helpful, sorry you had to wait so long for a reply, but your good humor makes it easier to respond. If you're able to get things working, check back to tell us what did and didn't work.

Also, here is what the desired carriage should look like, two views:

82Carriage

82CarriageRear

The 82 Series undercarriage is the "O2" in the pictures.

Again, I hope this helps.

Edit: I notice that the 982 (a Super Garden Tractor) requires the use of both "Position 3" and "Position 4." Again, best to get the whole manual and study it.

Edit 2: You won't get this kind of information from a dealer, trust me. BTDT

Edit 3: This setup should work for either a 2086 or a 2082 --one reason I didn't post earlier is that I wasn't sure which model you had; your title had it as 2086 but your text says 2082: Both are Supers, so it shouldn't matter.

My 782 is very nearly unconfuguliated

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 06:25 pm:

Jeff D.
I kinda doubt the 1811 stuff will fit, but it might.
I'd be interested to see if it would myself.

"Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jeff Dammer (Jdammer) on Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 05:45 pm:

Installed a mule drive & hanger from a 100 under it to mow with.
kidding, checkin to see who reads this, the old 1811 that hasnt moved for several years, I may pull all the stuf off that & try it to see. If it does great, if it doenst it'll take up space in shop just like several other projects lol

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jeff Dammer (Jdammer) on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 07:44 pm:

My first post, was directed here for good advice on a 2082 I recently purchased. Has no deck, mule drive or hanger, it currently is just for the teenager to ride around on.
Will the mule drive from an earlier 82 series work? How bout the hanger/lift so I can make it a mower? Just not sure what to look for to do this. Thank-you

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

8147 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.