The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

We have someone that can use a little help right now, due to some health issues. Bryan McMeen has had some really severe health issues this year and needs our assistance. We're looking for all of you good people out there to step up and give a little, give a lot, or just give anything to help a fellow human being out in a time of need.

I have faith in you folks, so DON'T let me down!!!!

100% of all donations will be going to Bryan.

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * CCC and MTD Machines & Equipment * Rear PTO < Previous Next >

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy adrian a gitch (Agitch) on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 02:37 pm:

Make sure xtrememotorworks makes the 3pts capable for the rear pto option incase you do want to add it at a later date. Last i checked he didn't.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 12:12 pm:

Everett, OK, just let me know when/if you would like the installation manual. :-)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Everett Dale (Edale) on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 12:03 pm:

Thanks Kraig, but not right yet. I looked up the parts and found that most are available so I could put one together if I wanted to but I think I'll search around for a while first. I'm going to get a three point first, probably from Xtreme Motorworks, and go from there.

thanks again

-everettdale

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 08:55 am:

Everett, yes it is driven off of the back of the Hydro, via the output shaft. I have scans of the complete installation manual for the PTO and CAT-0 hitch, that I could email to you should you wish to do some reading.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy adrian a gitch (Agitch) on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 07:42 am:

you can still get it used but it is $$$$$$

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Everett Dale (Edale) on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 01:03 am:

Wow!

Thanks for the photos. It looks like it is driven off the splined shaft that comes out the rear of the hydro. is that correct? Can you still get a kit like that?

-everettdale

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 08:19 am:

Here's an exploded parts view from the installation manual.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 08:17 am:

Here's some photos from a brochure. The photo on the left is what the PTO parts look like behind the cover, which is shown installed in the right photo.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Everett Dale (Edale) on Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 01:56 am:

I have a 982, that does not have a rear PTO. Anyone out there have a photo of their 982 (or similar) that does have a rear PTO? I'd like to see what one looks like.

-thanks

EverettDale

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

8147 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.