The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * The Vault * Archive through January 09, 2007 < Previous Next >

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 02:02 pm:

Archive Bug!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 02:00 pm:

Denny, Scott, I have that Kohler factory PDF file that used to be online. Here's the breather info from it. Notice that it lists the K181 not the K161.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Dennis Frisk (Dfrisk) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 01:23 pm:

SCOTT - Both Kraig & I post FROM work... I had the same problem on a K181 in My 72 when I first got it. The little reed valve (#20) HAS to go in according to the manual/picture and has to seal the hole in the plate fairly well or You pressurize the crankcase and leak oil. And to be quite honest, It looks backwards in that drawing from the parts book, the flapper or reed valve should be towards the outside. The KOHLER factory service manual was avail. on-line but I couldn't find the K-series manual a couple weeks ago. Keep things clean...use selant on those two gaskets (#19) and your leaks will be gone.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Scott Dickerson (Sdickerson) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 12:58 pm:

Ok ill check it alittle later but thanks again for the picture's

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 12:54 pm:

Scott, not sure about that, but I bet someone here does. Most everyone else seems to post later in the day after work. Hopefully they'll get an answer to you soon.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Scott Dickerson (Sdickerson) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 12:33 pm:

Thanks kraig, Thats excactly what I need, I had a slight oil leak coming out of the governor shaft.So I assumed that the oil breather was plugged up.It seems alittle dirty but not really plugged.I even tried tightening up the large nut on the governor shaft but it was nice and snug.Have you ever had this problem????

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 12:08 pm:

Scott, how's this?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 12:05 pm:

Scott, oops, I was thinking oil bath air filter. AAAAAAAAA!!!! I'll see what I can find.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Nate Peters (Npeters) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 12:03 pm:

Thanks again Charlie!!! the starter was bad. Its was drawing like 150Volts? Not enough ground or something like that. Aso the bushing was bad. He got it down to 50. Brought it home and put it on. She fired right up!..................tater ate up!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 12:02 pm:

Scott, here's some. I'll look for some more.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Scott Dickerson (Sdickerson) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 11:53 am:

Hey guys,I took my oil breather off today to clean it. Its a kohler k161 motor and have a feeling I am missing a part of it.Does anyone have a diagram or some sort of a picture for me to look at.
cub cadet 73

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Paul E. Funk (Pfunk) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 11:37 am:

Don A. I just replaced the teaser spring in both my 122 and 102 last week. You have to take the engine loose, but I was able to move it forward and lay it sideways enough to remove the clutch without taking loose the wiring, throttle cable, etc. (Of course you want to be sure and disconnect the battery.) It seems to me someone in the past had posted a way of using a 2 X 4 to support the engine, but I had no trouble laying it sideways -- towards the starter-generator. Oh, and I'd replace the teaser spring while you're at it. They're cheap and I've had more trouble with them then throwout bearings. Hope this helps.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Shane Peterson (Speterson) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 11:11 am:

Thanks guys for the advice on the Q/L and 682/782 question. Good to have experienced opinions to go with the written literature.

Cub Fever is terminal...
... to your shop space and to your wallet.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy KENtuckyKEN (Kweaver) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 10:45 am:

Here's our snow today

Pin Tool Inventor :-)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ron R. Schmitt (Rrschmitt) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 10:25 am:

Shane P,

I own both a 149 and two 782's and I've ran Quietlines in the past. Personally, between a QL and an 82 series I would upgrade to the 782 in the serial number range between 665001 - 719999 if possible. Lots of power, smooth operation and still have the IH transmission. One with a Series II KT-17 is a bonus.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Don Andre (Dandre) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 10:03 am:

I just found out my clutch throwout bearing on my 122 threw up. Is there an easy way to change it, or does the engine have to come out?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 08:53 am:

Vern, thanks for the photos, more please! :-)

Charlie, very cool drawings, I sure like those!!!!!

Michael, Charlie has way to many 147s send that one my way please be sure to include the tiller. You sure made a nice haul there. Some guys have all the luck.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Terrence Weivoda (Taweivoda) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 08:20 am:

Vern, Thanks for the pictures. Could you get a couple more close up pictures from different angles of the narrow front?
Terry,

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Dennis Frisk (Dfrisk) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 07:32 am:

MATT G. - You mentioned something interesting. My old 129 was the most fuel efficient mowing tractor. I could mow My 2+ acres on about 3 to 3-1/2 gal. With My 10 HP 72 stuck in low gear (it has the fast 2nd which I feel is too fast for a nice job of mowing) I was between 3-1/2 & 4 gal. The 982 almost always used 4 gal. The 129 was a dedicated mowing tractor, no weights, and the 44" deck took a wider cut and I always had the ideal speed for the load. The 72 has about 200# of iron on the back and always seems to be going too slow. The 982 & 50" deck with hydraulics is HEAVY plus it has about 150# of iron on the back. Mowing time with the 982 is about 2 hrs & 45 minutes, 129 was 3 hrs tops, and the 72 is 4 to 6 hours depending on where I run out of gas and the number of pitstops! The larger 4 gal. gas tank on the red tractors really extends run time. When the K321 goes in the 72 a much larger gas tank than the 5 qt stock #72 tank WILL be going on. Plans are for something around 3 to 3-1/2 gallon. I'll have to see what fits under the hood!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Myron Bounds (Mbounds) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 07:27 am:

Mitch H: IH never made a 782D or a 1282. They were introduced by CCC after the sale in 1981 and IH dealers only sold them with Red Paint.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Nate Peters (Npeters) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 07:24 am:

Charlie..."horse"........come to Ohio and I can get you a 147E-lift for...#100 dollars. Not mine, but I know where it is........signed.....Tonto.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy KENtuckyKEN (Kweaver) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 07:06 am:

We got SNOW!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bruce Nolte (Bnolte) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 06:24 am:

Mike R,
The Money Order scam is so notorious on Craigslist that the list puts a scam advisory on every page and email they send out. I listed my old '93 F-150 there, and had a buyer from Maine purportedly representing a church bite. I asked the question to myself: Why would someone in Maine be interested in an old pickup all the way down in MD. It also had that feel of a form letter, which is a bad thing. I ended up selling it locally to some Guatamalen dudes who drove it away without tags on it

Just the formatting and grammatical errors in both messages reminded me of the notorious Nigerian 419 scams you sometimes or often see in your inbox.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy KENtuckyKEN (Kweaver) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 05:16 am:

Blasphemy

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Mitch Haley (Mhaley) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 03:48 am:

"Well now your headin towards the MTD/CCC dept. so you might ask over on that section of the forum."

In other words, IH made the red 82s, CCC made the yellow 82s.

I recently saw a 1450 offered for a good price. Maybe I should buy it and paint it blue. (yes, I once saw pics of a very pretty blue QL)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Mitch Haley (Mhaley) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 03:42 am:

Terry, the bank always has recourse against the sucker who endorced the check or money order. These things take weeks to bounce, so you think you're in the clear, then you get whacked.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 10:29 pm:

Just start it up and head it this way, it will find the way!
Yepper, that's a #1.
Looks like you made quite a haul there!
cubwinker

"Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Michael A. Miller (Mmiller) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 10:17 pm:

Charlie,
I'm sure you have my best interests in heart. Now what was your shipping address?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 10:13 pm:

Michael,
Trust me, you don't want that nasty old 147, I think you need to just fire it up and send it to Minnesota!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Michael A. Miller (Mmiller) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 10:11 pm:

This stuff came with the 147.

I'm pretty ignorant about tillers; is this a #1?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Michael A. Miller (Mmiller) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 10:04 pm:

five
here's a closeup of the duel brake pedals.

six
Parking brake! The PO removed the impliment lift handle to install the right hand brake and parking brake lever.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Michael A. Miller (Mmiller) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 09:54 pm:

Here are some more pictures of my Saturday haul.
one
Here's all three.
two
I'm a CCO type of guy, but this zig zag is growing on me!
three
Notice the parking brake and right side brake pedal.
four
The PO rebuilt this deck with 1/4" diamond plate!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 09:32 pm:

I got something really cool in the mail today. An orginal engineers drawing of the headlight setup for a zig-zag!
It's to big to post the whole thing here in one piece.
aa
bb
cc
dd

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Michael Reed (Mreed) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 09:26 pm:

Boy Vern thats sure gonna be a slick little tractor when you get done with it. You seem to be moving right along too! Get more done in one day than I ever could. I suppose having room in the shop to actually work on something would sure help.
Wouldn't be interested in making me one of those front ends would ya?

Old Cubs follow me home.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Anthony Casteel (Acasteel) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 09:19 pm:

Charlie,

Im sry i diddent relize that they arnt made by ih

ill post over there

If the Cub cant pull it.......Well nothin will!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy vern bagley (Vbagley) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 09:11 pm:

PICTURE # 2
CUB CADET 100 #2

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy vern bagley (Vbagley) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 09:09 pm:

KRAIG AND TERRY,HAVE HAD SOME TIME TODAY TO TINKER IN THE GARAGE,COUPLE MORE PICTURES ON THE PROGRESS,ONE THING IS I BLASTED THE REAR WHEELS AND MY REAR RIMS ARE TO WIDE FOR MY AG TIRES,SO AT ANY RATE I AM LOOKING FOR SOME 12"REAR RIMS,5 BOLT PROBABLY 6"WIDE.OR A LITTLE LESS.GOT THEM ON THE WIFES 70,NOW I NEED NARROWER ONES.I'LL GET SOME SIDE SHOTS OF THE FRONT END,VERN.#1 CUB 100

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Terry Busch (Tcbusch) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 08:10 pm:

Mike,
Cash in hand is cash in hand. If you cash the Money Order and get cash in hand make sure they, the bank, cannot take the cash back. If your bank tells you the cash is yours keep it and give him the tractor. After 6 months return the extra money.

Or run like heck!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Matt Domenic (Mdomenic) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 07:56 pm:

Was the battery box on the 100's an option between large and small? I have seen both sizes and was wondering if anyone knows the story?

Thanks,

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 07:50 pm:

Matt D.
Sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do!
You8 sure you soaked it good with PB Blaster or Kroil and let it set a day or 3 first?

Lyle Baker wanted me to post this pic for hime of his grand daughter. HEY! She's got a Cub hat on.
lb

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Matt Domenic (Mdomenic) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 07:29 pm:

Hi all, I just have to share a steering wheel removal story.

First of all I could not get the dang thing to pop off, I tried all the tricks with no luck. Sooo I went with plan B a SAWZALL! I cut it just under the hole behind the battery box I figured I could save everything if I could get the stub out of the wheel. At this point the threads were still good and the wheel wasn't damaged. I proceeded to press the stub out. I took 2 tons of pressure to get it to pop! That wheel was not coming off any other way.
Now all I need to do is weld everything back together its saved.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 07:23 pm:

This statement blows any honesty to his email.
money transfer to my reputable shipping Agent

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jeff Pierson (Jpierson) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 06:57 pm:

I smell fish all over that one!! DONT DO IT
I have seen many spam emails that read very close to what yours does.

In order to succeed you must fail, so that you know what not to do the next time.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Lyle Baker (Lbaker) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 06:57 pm:

Mike- Thats the typical SCAM you keep hearing about! DON'T DO IT!!Once you send him the $$ (surplus) then find out the MO is not good, then what do you do?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Michael Reed (Mreed) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 06:46 pm:

Ok I need your guys opinion on something. I have a 102 for sale on here and on another tractor site. I got a response to it from a guy that is really interested in it and wants to buy it but I think he's a scammer and don't plan to go through with the transaction. Here's the email he sent me.

Mike

I am very much interested in the Cadet 102 at your asking price. I read and understand it is in fair condition.At present i'm in the IRELAND on vacation.Meanwhile,i'll then instruct my colleague back in the STATES to issue out U.S MONEY ORDER in your name and having it in mind that business is based on trust,when you receive the check,cash it in your bank,deduct the amount due for the purchase[$175]and send back the remaining funds via western union
money transfer to my reputable shipping Agent,whom will take care of the pick up in your location.
Info needed as follows:
1)Name as to be written on check
2)Full address to where the check will be mailed out to
3)Phone # so as to contact you
Looking forward to having your reply and trust.

Warmest regards

Bob

Sounds pretty fishy to me. What do you guys think? Mike.

Old Cubs follow me home.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 06:36 pm:

Well now your headin towards the MTD/CCC dept. so you might ask over on that section of the forum.
We don't want to get our post moved/poofed ya know.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Anthony Casteel (Acasteel) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 06:21 pm:

Do they also come in white and yellow? And how much do those run for?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 06:08 pm:

Anthony,
The 782D has the Kubota engine in it and they are great tractors.
Here's a pic of Marlin H's if and when he finally gets it home.
782D

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Anthony Casteel (Acasteel) on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 05:39 pm:

what is the cub with the kubota 3 cyl. in it. Are those good tractors?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jim Egstad (Jegstad) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 01:15 pm:

Stopped by Tedd Ill yesterday to pick up some parts. He is changing direction on his cub project and has an interesting trailer project going. I'll let him describe it if he wants to. Good to see you Tedd.

JimE

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

9759 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.