The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * The Vault * Archive through July 09, 2005 < Previous Next >

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Lonny Buttke (Lbuttke) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 09:34 pm:

Bryan D.
You know your right a ruler would work, you wouldn't happen to have one that will reach 36 miles and still give a accutrate reading on the end I am holding.
As far as useing a serch engine on the internet I wouldn't have the first clue how to do it.

I have learned to look in the FAQ's but did not see anything there as to the bolt pattern size.

But thanks for the link to the wheel information it is most helpfull as is this site.

Charlie,
Thanks for the bolt pattern size, I will not be ordering the ones from Northern Tool, wrong size, looks like it will take a trip to the local salvage yard and search through the rim piles to find rims that will fit, hopefully, or this high ride project will be grounded befor it gets off the ground.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Wes Heinsohn (Wheinsohn) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 09:34 pm:

Noah,
Let me find out what you find. I have a 109 that has a similiart problem. It charges fine until I speed it up to full throttle. It will also show a bad discharge. I can idle it back down and it will show it is charging again until you get above 3/4 throttle, then back to discharge. It did the same thing in the fall of 2003. I charged the v/r and it seemed to cure the problem for about a year and a half and then it popped back up again this spring. I can sometimes tap on the v/r and it will charge for a few seconds and then go back to discharge. I am thinking about taking everything off and checking all grounds to see if that may be the problem. If not, I may put a known v/r on it and see what it does then. I would think that a voltage regulator should last more than 25 hours. Since this is my designated tiller tractor and sometimes 2nd plow day unit, it does not get many hours, especially with no weeds growing due to lack of rain.

Collecting wideframes in S. Wisconsin

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier (Sblunier) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 09:34 pm:

Kurt,

Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Noah,

Is your VR working correctly and consistently???

"Mr. Plow"
Running 8/9's & 82 Series in Central, IL

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Hugh Simon (Hsimon) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 08:48 pm:

Been too darn busy with work to talk to the person that I had in mind to have a MN Plow Day. So I vote go for it Squirrel.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Lyle Baker (Lbaker) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 08:20 pm:

Noah- If you have another ampmeter, swap them out and see. My 1250 was doing the same thing. Whatever it was, solved the problem. As previously stated, system sounds ok.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 08:13 pm:

Lonny,
All I know is the bolt pattern is 4 3/8" on all my Cub rear wheels.

"Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 07:52 pm:

Lonny -

You could always try a ruler (and a search engine)...

http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

Keeper of the Holy Hy-tran - Lake Barrington, IL

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Lonny Buttke (Lbuttke) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 07:36 pm:

I am looking for the bolt pattern for the rear wheels, such as are they 5X4, 5X4-1/4, 5X4-1/2.
I am looking to use larger wheels on the back of my project tractor(high ride 122)and need to know if the rims listed in my Northern tool catalog, ultilities trailer 15 inch rim 5X4-1/2 bolt pattern would fit the rear bolt pattern on our beloved cubs.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kurt Randall (Krandall) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 06:04 pm:

THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL.....YET.....
I'm trying to secure a plot of 90 acres of bean ground about an hour and a half east of Chicago...
I have NOT gotten all the I's dotted and T's crossed but I'm trying......The only hard part is trying to work arount the Notre Dame foot ball schedule...Thinking latter part of October.....
There are two away games in a row so a rain date
{what's rain} is also possible...I hope this does'nt undermine anyone else looking at a plowday in their neck of the woods......It's not a done deal yet but I'm working on it as fast as I can.....Any input please e-mail me direct at
flyynsquirrel@aol.com Thanks......KURT

FLY-N-SQUIRREL

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 05:58 pm:

Don't folks already make the WFM guys green with envy each summer in that area?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Lonny Buttke (Lbuttke) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 05:11 pm:

I'm with Terry B, lets have a plow day down Charlies way this fall.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Noah B. Werka (Nwerka) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 04:52 pm:

Thankz Dennis, I guess I should have said that it goes to discharge, not zero. I would think if everything was werking right, it would go to zero, not discharge. I don't know. I just have never seen one go to discharge even when the battery was fully charged.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Terry Busch (Tcbusch) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 04:31 pm:

I vote for a MN plow day down by Charlie.
WHO'S WITH ME!! HECK YA!!!

Hope i didn't just start a riot.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Tedd Ill (Till) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 04:24 pm:

Thanks Charlie, I'm still saving up for a 3pt for the 682 anyway.

Now I will have Christmass money to work with.

My Cub loves my wallet
Lisle, Illinois ----- 82's rule

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Dennis Frisk (Dfrisk) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 03:44 pm:

NOAH - Your CC will only charge as long as it takes to replentish the energy in the battery used to start Your engine. You shut the engine off & restart and the cycle starts over. Sounds like things are working fine to Me.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Rick Munday (Rmunday) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 03:09 pm:

Rob & Charlie -

A Goat or Cow would be ideal... when the weather dries up and you don't need them any more you can cook them both up at a Cub Cadet party :-)

(Message edited by rmunday on July 12, 2005)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 02:25 pm:

Tedd,
I think PD has been canceled for lack of dirt and interest!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Tedd Ill (Till) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 02:23 pm:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

How many hours till plow day??
Where in MN is it???

My Cub loves my wallet

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Noah B. Werka (Nwerka) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 01:20 pm:

I have a 128 with a rebuilt S/G, new regulator, and battery. Everything is normal for about 20-30 mins. after startup. Output is 14.5V. Then it quits charging. If I turn it off and restart, it will act right again for a while, only not quite as long, then quit charging. Repeat the the stop and start game, and it is charging again. Searched the archives, but couldn't find a similar problem. Found some not charging stuff, but it didn't seem to apply to my problem. Any ideas on how to sort this out? Thankz

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 12:14 pm:

Craig -

NP. I should add that he uses higher quality electric motor bearings. I forget the ABEC number...

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Craig Carney (Ccarney) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 12:11 pm:

Thanks, Bryan!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 12:11 pm:

"Keeper of the Photos" So many new threads, so little time....

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Dennis Frisk (Dfrisk) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 12:08 pm:

I was down to the Quad-Cities over the 4th Weekend.... grass down there was ALL brown. Why the corn & Beans were green was a mystery. Spotty scattered showers at most for the last two months. Dad said something like 6 inches short of a normal year's rainfall so far.
Just a light sprinkle here around Milwaukee today, to keep the pavement wet.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Edwin Goonyep (Egoonyep) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 11:45 am:

Would some one please post an assembly drawing and parts number list for the chain drive sprocket, shaft, bearings, & etc. for a QA36. My QA36 manual does not have a parts listing. Ed G.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 11:09 am:

Craig -

The S/G rebuilder that I use always replaces the bushing-style end cap with the bearing-style end cap to "uncheapen" it.

I've replaced the oil cup bearings with sealed bearings in a B&S/Delco S/G on my Simplicity 700...

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Craig Carney (Ccarney) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 11:04 am:

Speaking of s/g's, can the old oilcup version be updated with sealed bearings?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Rob Dehli. nothing like a pd (Rdehli) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 10:54 am:

Charlie ...You could always get a goat or a house cow ....Or maybe get a d$$^& and mow everyday.

life is short ...have your wife drive a cub cadet naked!!!!!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 10:00 am:

Well you guys can have that crap!
I'm sick of mowin every 3 days around here!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier (Sblunier) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 09:25 am:

Bryan,

So far we're not talking gulley washers down here either, maybe 1/4"....but that's 1/4" more than we've had in the last 1-1/2 months!!!!!

At this point I'll take whatever I can get my hands on!!!!!

782 has been sitting idle for almost a month, put new front rubber on it and didn't even take time to relevel the deck......plenty of time for that before the grass needs to be mowed :-(

"Mr. Plow"

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 08:53 am:

Terry B. -

I use mine to mow the weeds - they're the only things growing!

SB -

Good ol' Tommy Skilling forecast a potential 5". WC said 1". Hmmm...

Thus far, it's just spitting a few drops here and there. Nothing worth writing home about.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Steve Blunier (Sblunier) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 08:50 am:

Hmmmmm, strange wet substance falling from the sky this AM in Central IL........can't quite place it.....it's been so long.........this might just be RAIN.......

Let's hope it doesn't stop anytime soon!!!!!

"Mr. Plow"

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Terry Busch (Tcbusch) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 08:27 am:

Has Dennis helped you guys in Illinois? I would hate to think you the growing season ended last month. I suppose if you cant use your cub to mow your lawn you could always drive it down the driveway to get the mail.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 08:22 am:

Craig C., thanks for the info on the pedistals I knew I could count on ya. :o)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 08:19 am:

I goofed! My post yesterday on S/Gs was not correct. There are two versions of the S/G that are used on Cub Cadets. They are a bushing & oil cup version and the sealed bearing version with no oil cups. Other than this they are the same S/G but can have different size pulleys. Sorry if I mislead anyone.

quote:

I know the Original and perhaps the other 7hp Cub Cadets use a different S/G.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 08:10 am:

Wouldja believe...

...click on "search for locations" at mapquest.com, type in FAIRGROUNDS, FREEPORT, IL and VIOLA (sic)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Craig Carney (Ccarney) on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 06:37 am:

On pedestals, I've seen three variations:
a) earliest, without curved slot or "tooling" hole in lower center facing operator;
b) with tooling hole, but no curved slot; and
c) curved slot and tooling hole

No official breaks in serial numbers for these that I can see. Wish I had the old “scrolls” (engineering drawings) because then we could see the revision history. Kraig, didn’t somebody have a few of those once?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 10:50 pm:

Freeport info,
http://www.thefreeportshow.com/show%20info.htm

Stephenson County Fairgrounds, 1 mi S of South St on Walnut Rd, or 1/2 mi E of US 26 on Fairgrounds Rd.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Matt Gonitzke (Mgonitzke) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 10:27 pm:

Hmm, I don't know. I do know how to get there but I don't know the names of the roads. I also know the fairgrounds are south of town.

There's always room for one more.....:-)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Wes Heinsohn (Wheinsohn) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 10:08 pm:

What is the address of the fairgrounds? I forget which road I have to turn onto off of Hwy 75.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Wes Heinsohn (Wheinsohn) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 10:00 pm:

Matt and Tom,
I hope to be there also. I may bring my brother-in-law along again and maybe the better half. She says it depends on the weather. She has a hard time taking hot temperatures.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Pat Cleveland (Pcleveland) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 09:23 pm:

Craig L.: Cozy Cab

My toy: 8hp Quadractor, 4wd, 4 wheel steer, 3 foot ground clearance!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Roland Bedell (Rbedell) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 09:20 pm:

Kraig, Wes, David, & Bryan:

Thanks for the input and perspective on the S/G Pulleys. I haven't given it much though but your responses shed light onto the design and reasoning.

Thanks again,

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Tom Hoffman Northern Illinois Home of IHC (Thoffman) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 08:55 pm:

Matt,
I'll be there.

Northern Illinois, Home of International Harvester

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Tedd Ill (Till) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 08:32 pm:

Sounds like an Original to me. Can you get a photo to post??

Does the grill casting go from frame to hood?? Is there a "expanded metal" panel in the grill casting??

My Cub loves my wallet

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy jeff martin (Jsmartin) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 07:55 pm:

I'm new to cub cadets,just found one at a tag sale,guy was asking $50.00 I offerd him $30.00 and he took it, I know nothing at all about them,and would like to learn more about what I have,it has kohler engine not sure what size,it has round fenders and oil bath air cleaner,3speed and reverse,the #s on the plate on motor are 658281 and under that 28542E can you tell what year it is from this information?it does not run but will turn over,does have spark and good compression,any help on the year and model would be greatly appreciated,thanks Jeff.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Matt Gonitzke (Mgonitzke) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 07:15 pm:

Anybody going to the show in Freeport, IL July 29-31? I'll be taking something there, but I haven't decided what yet.

There's always room for one more.....:-)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 06:29 pm:

Roland -

A quick peek at http://www.mcmeen.net/CubCadet/K161%20Parts%20List%20IHC-1014240-R1.pdf shows that both the S/G and it's pulley (and other associated parts) have part numbers consistent with other Kohler parts.

Makes sense from a manufacturing perspective. Why should Delco make/stock a bunch of different pulleys when they can let the user decide what pulley would be correct for the application.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy David Kirk - For me it's Hydro-Therapy (Dkirk) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 12:39 pm:

Roland B.,

Not sure about the part number thing but the reason for different pulleys on the S/G has to do with reduction ratio changes to match the starter torque requirement to that of a particular engine. Engine displacement and whether or not ACR (automatic compression release) is used dictate the reduction ratio, and therefore drive pulley diameter. The early, non-ACR engines used small diameter pulleys. Later engines used a larger diameter as cranking torque was reduced by application of ACR. For the same S/G used on several different displacement engines, a smaller pulley will generally be necessary for the larger engine due to the higher cranking torque imposed.

Mugelty wump..mugelty wump - glackus glackus!!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Wes Heinsohn (Wheinsohn) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 12:19 pm:

As far as s/g pulley size, didn't the original, 70, and 100 use a smaller pulley for more torque because of the engine not having the compression release?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 10:59 am:

Roland, I believe the SG was initially sourced through Kohler perhaps that is why the pulley has a Kohler PN. Sometime during the 1x6/7 series IH started sourcing the S/G directly from Delco, this is also when the color of the S/G changed from yellow to black. I know the Original and perhaps the other 7hp Cub Cadets use a different S/G.

Bryan, I warned ya!!!! :o)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Roland Bedell (Rbedell) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 10:37 am:

Guys:

I am working on my 105 during the last couple of days. One of the problems is, that the S/G pulley is bad. I looked in the Parts Manual, and to my surprise, it has a Kohler Part Number (KH-235583). I surely would have thought the pulley would have come from IH or Delco-Remy. A little further research, comes up with different pulleys for different models. I haven't thought about this much, but I initially would have thought those pulleys would be all the same.

Can anyone expand on why the replacement pulley is a Kohler Part and the reason for the difference in the pulleys.

Thanks,

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 10:03 am:

Kraig -

It's always good to have parts in common with the better wide-frames

c'mon, I know your mouse is poised over the POST button!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 09:42 am:

Frank M., good question! I'd like to know if there was a SN break for when the grease decal appeared and/or disappeared from the Original. Also I only know of 2 versions of the pedistal with and without the curved slot for the steering adjustment. Not sure that a single hole is stock but then I could be wrong. Perhaps Craig C. will jump in here. He's had more Originals and has done more research on them than just about anyone else I know.

Bryan, I assume you are referring to the flat fenders vs the rounded fenders with this comment. Don't make me post the "perfection" photo. :o)

quote:

at least it's the lesser of the zig and zag evils

BTW, welcome to the Zig Zag club. 1

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 09:16 am:

For those that might run into such issues...

Apparently it was the latest version of PolyView that caused problems. It has always been my default image viewer, and as such had control of image/jpg and image/jpeg. However, the latest version must've messed something up in the registry. After letting Paint Shop Pro 9 take over JPEG files (T Busch - JPG files ARE JPEG files...) I can post images again.

Unfortunately, Discus wasn't of much help, all they could say is "it's your browser." Uh huh...

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 09:09 am:

Terry B., that photo was taken by Mr. John Georg.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Jim Patchett (Jpatchett) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 07:58 am:

Shanen,

My (was my Dad's)127 had the same problem after a engine rebuild in 1981. Backfired on shut down if one did not let it idle for a minute or so. Adjusting the screws never fixed it. Problem went away after a carb rebuild in mid 90's, I adjusted the float to the proper height, figured too much fuel in the bowl after throttle down.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kenny Weimann (Kweimann) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 07:40 am:

Shanen,
Looks like someone adapted a different model Walbro carb to your Cub. I'd remove it and get a Carter Model N size #26 from one of the sponsors.
The bottom needle is for high speed mixture adjustment on the one you show in the photo. Top right is low speed mixture. Kenny

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Terry Busch (Tcbusch) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 04:58 pm:

Lets see if i can upload a jpg.

Couldn't pass up an opportunity to post a picture of the boy driving the new cub at plow day. Not sure who took the picture. Thanks to the photographer.

Oops, I just noticed you said jpeg. Oh well.

(Message edited by tcbusch on July 10, 2005)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Richard Christensen,"The Shade Tree Mechanic" (Rchristensen) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 04:52 pm:

Shanen H.
That appears to be a Walbro replacement carburetor.

A = Low Idle Fuel needle (Preliminary setting 1-3/4 turns).
B = Idle Speed Screw.
C = Main Fuel Needle (Preliminary setting 1-1/8 turns).

(Message edited by RChristensen on July 10, 2005)

Building a better Cat 0 3-Point hitch,,,DONE...

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 04:30 pm:

Bryan,
Maybe you need this decal when your fingers get close to your keyboard!
clear

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 04:23 pm:

Aw, c'mon Bob, you ears COULDN'T have been ringin'...

Nope, it's gotta be something that got tweaked (the wrong way) on my end...

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bob Necker - - - - - - (Bnecker) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 03:56 pm:

I haven't touched it ! ! ! ! !

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 03:50 pm:

Interesting - I can post GIF but not JPG. Wonder how MIME got messed up here...

Anywho...

I wonder how THIS got past the slant-grille sensors...

sickle

at least it's the lesser of the zig and zag evils

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 03:31 pm:

WTH!?!?

Upload Error:
The file you attempted to upload had a disallowed file format. The file format is not valid for image uploading???

It's a freakin 36KB JPEG!!!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 03:22 pm:

Shanen -

You sure there's a screw at C? I'd try cleaning things up first so I'd know for sure what I was looking at.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Shanen Hate (Shate) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 01:43 pm:

Greetings All,

My dad has handed down to me his 127 that I grew up using. Before doing so, an engine overhaul was done and a replacement carburetor added. The individual who did the job is not available for questions. I've been using the machine for about 2 years now and I've developed some odd symptoms in the way it runs. I get backfires when shutting down, some difficulty starting, and most recently a little sputtering when changing direction (fowards to reverse). I imagine the carburetor is out of adjustment and the problem I have is that the screws on this carb don't match the layout shown in the manual. I'm including a picture of the screw configuration and hoping that someone may have seen this type before and be able to tell me which screw is which - my goal being to set to defaults and go from there in adjusting. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please note that when looking at the pic, the coil wire had been disconnected so it wouldn't be in the way. The view is looking down at the top of the carb.

Carburetor Adjustment Screws

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 08:01 am:

Chad -

Take a look at the main page (www.ihcubcadet.com) and take a look at the model chart. There wasn't necessarily any rhyme or reason, but you'll find that the 1x2/1x3 was a series of tractors and the 1x4/1x5 was the following series, then came the 1x6/1x7. And also note that the 70, 71, 72 and 73 don't fit the numbering mold. Nor did the 86. Can you see why there's no simple Excel formula to plug things into?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Roland Bedell (Rbedell) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 07:59 am:

Curt R:

Let's try this again...

Here is the schematic for the 72/1x4/5 series Cubs:

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Chad Matthews (Cmatthews) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 07:49 am:

I have looked in the archives and I'm sure it has been covered but....I can't find it specifically. Maybe a good one for the FAQ section.

I know the first numbers in the older cubs are the engine HP, and I know that the last number if odd is hydro/even is gear drive. What is the difference in the last number if both are odd. Example-123 and a 127

Chad

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Roland Bedell (Rbedell) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 07:47 am:

Curt R:

Here is a Schematic for the 72/1x4/5 Series:

Opps.....

(Message edited by rbedell on July 10, 2005)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 09:02 pm:

Rick M. -

Of course, the way most of us plow, it's probably +/-14" cut

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Tyler Turner (Tturner) on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 03:14 pm:

I had a tractor that I couldn't get to start for anything, so I sprayed electrode cleaner on all of my main connections and it fired right up. That probly isn't the whole problem, but it may help your situation.

I am STILL lookin for a 9c ha ha

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Rick Munday (Rmunday) on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 03:04 pm:

Bryan - if it were 3.25" then they're probably gaining the extra inch out of the plow bouncing side to side as it follows the furrow

(Message edited by rmunday on July 09, 2005)

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Curt Raymond (Craymond) on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 02:35 pm:

So I got my 12-6 Carlisles on my '72 today. Its been sitting for a couple months so I didn't expect it to start easy. However I did expect it to turn over when I hit the key, it doesn't...
I jumped to the starter and the motor turns over but has no spark even with the key on. Once while I was messing with it I got the solenoid to clunk but thats about it. I disconnected the cutout at the clutch pedal but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm thinking keyswitch at this point. Anybody got some troubleshooting steps? It was running just fine in early May when I put the k161 in it.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Craig Long (Clong) on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 12:52 pm:

Does any one know who made the snow cabs for the 1250-1650 models? I am looking for any info on them. Thanks Craig

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Tedd Ill (Till) on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 12:06 pm:

Maybe they used "New" math when plows were being designed......

My Cub loves my wallet

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 10:50 am:

Well, as fuzzy as that pic is, Lord knows what I read on it (3 1/somethinerother), but I knew what the answer was cuz it was pretty obvious.

It DOES say 3.5" and 3.5" x 4 is DEFINITELY 14"

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Rick Munday (Rmunday) on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 10:27 am:

3.25*4=13

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 09:04 am:

Um, yeah. If 3.25" is a quarter of the cut (as stated on the picture), then 3.25" x 4 = 14" must be the FULL width of the cut.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Tom Hoffman Northern Illinois Home of IHC (Thoffman) on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 08:22 am:

Jim "E",
Looks like 14" to me.

Northern Illinois, Home of International Harvester

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

7909 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.