The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners

Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting your question -
perhaps it has already been answered there.

While you're at it, please also read through the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules before posting.
Thanks!!

Got a suggestion for, question about or problem with the site? E-mail us at info@ihcubcadet.com

Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
IH Cub Cadet Forum * Plow Day and Tractor Show announcements * Arkansaw, Wisconsin Plow Days Oct. 5-6 * Archive through September 20, 2012 < Previous Next >

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Vincent Thomley (Vthomley) on Monday, October 08, 2012 - 11:06 am:

Vince did a very poor job of taking pics...I do have a few, I'll try to get them downloaded, resized, and posted later today.

Brian, I hope you feel better soon - or feel better already! I was wondering where you were. Hopefully see ya in Montrose.

Thank you Glenn and your wife for Hosting again this year! And thank you to all the others who made this fun event happen.

Roughest part of the day was plowing, as other said it worked great then really was not so great. I half rode on my plow and 122 for a while and some areas I'd spin out as if I were on concrete, the tires would not even dig in. Other areas the plowing was easy.

The 2 bottom worked as well as a single, there was a little more trash build up though.

Nothin better than the smell of freshly plowed soil.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Monday, October 08, 2012 - 08:42 am:

Brian, bummer! Get well soon!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Brian Albrecht (Balbrecht) on Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 10:44 pm:

I hate spending plow day under a blanket with a box of tissues and a bottle of NyQuil. Looks like the usual outstanding plow day hosted by Glenn. Next year.....

"When you've said Wisconsin, you've said it all!"

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Rob Dehli. nothing like a pd (Rdehli) on Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 07:54 pm:

Glen

thanks for a great plow day... you have an awesome location... I had thoughts of taking a lot of pics but forgot batteries for the dang camera ...oh well... sorry

I Finally got a wide frame

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Ron Thomley (Rthomley) on Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 04:25 pm:

thanks Glenn, had a great time plowing, visiting and even hooking up the pulling maching. Again you were a very gracious host and dispite the cold wind and snow flurries we were warm with your hospitality. Thanks for allowing us to plow. Yes the conditions were very tough, hard to get the plow in the ground, then getting it to stay in and when it "went under" we all stopped and spun on the hard ground. No body really dug down unless it was those few sandy spots. Most of us had to have our plow points down, back of landslide up too much for normal plowing, in order to get it into the ground. Didn't take very many pictures as I never seem to do. However several other people did. Hope they post some, Again thanks to the host family and Mike, and boy scouts for a great time

Whoops, couldn't resist this pic. about 7 1/2 too
many 20 inch bottoms for me. Now for real. Our line up.

Glenn with a beauty of a tractor.

Gary Thom, welcome to a plow day, now you believe me?

And Vince's brother and my grandson Nolan.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Glenn Peterson (Gpeterson) on Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 12:38 pm:

Vince, WOW!!!! That is c.c. cool, I'm with Rob, can't wait to see it in action.

Plowing update---Went out this morning and opened up the fields for tomorrow, went better than I thought it would, never got the forecasted rain, hopeful this coming week we'll get some for Montrose. See Ya Tommorrow!!!!!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Rob Dehli. nothing like a pd (Rdehli) on Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 12:31 pm:

Vince

nice lookin plow, can not wait to see it in action the day after tomorrow.

I Finally got a wide frame

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 09:48 am:

Vince, (Art), Nice job!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Vincent Thomley (Vthomley) on Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 09:32 am:

Plow Day tomorrow!

2 Bottom plows are the thing this year...

We tested it last Saturday in the rather hard dry soil and it performed as good as my 10" Brinly. It actually worked really well with some weight on it. I've got a 40 lb weight to attach(if needed) for Plow Day at Glenn Peterson's this weekend in Arkansaw, WI the front plow share is a 6 1/2" the rear is an 8"

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Vincent Thomley (Vthomley) on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 08:40 am:

3 more days!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Vincent Thomley (Vthomley) on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 11:40 am:

Glenn - Very nice !!! See you and others in a little over a week!

Today's pics - off color is the theme today.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Glenn Peterson (Gpeterson) on Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 06:48 pm:

Picture for the week, this is the newly built trailer plow that we will be able to hook to most any tractor, it has hydraulic or electric lift so if you have a battery you will be able to give it a try.

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Mike Duwe (Mduwe) on Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 05:40 pm:

Whats that thingamgig sticking up diagonally off the back of the plow?

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Vincent Thomley (Vthomley) on Friday, September 21, 2012 - 08:40 am:

Brian, I read your post and It seems your green money will last you a life time...! Good for you!

After reading it again I now realize you are referring to your plow share. Darn it.

Hey here's a pic! or 2!

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)View Post/Check IPDelete PostEdit PostBy Brian Albrecht (Balbrecht) on Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 08:41 pm:

I guess I never thought of asking mother Deere about one. The local Deere dealer does tolerate my IH hat, I think it's because my money is green. Based on how much I use it I hope this one last me a lifetime.

"When you've said Wisconsin, you've said it all!"

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

9487 registered users
Discus 4.10.1 released 03/14/2007

All core web site images and graphics are the property of the IH Cub Cadet forum. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, duplication is prohibited.

DISCLAIMER:This website contains no material provided by MTD Products Inc, is not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc website and MTD Products Inc is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: www.mtdproducts.com The information and opinions expressed on this website, including the bulletin boards and/or chat rooms hosted on this site are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or visitors, and do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.