• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Voltmeter/running full choke

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jglick

displayname
jeff glick
Hi, my voltmeter stopped working and the battery won't charge is it more than likely my generator/altenator, also my ih 782 will only run with the choke all the way on, and has trouble starting too, could it be the fuel pump?

Thanks

Jeff - Welcome to the forum. Since your questions pertain to IH-built Cubs, you can (and should) post in the main "IH Cub Cadet Forum" area, where you'll get more response. However, you will need to be a little more specific about what you've already checked.

The first thing you'll be told is to always check the FAQ's for answers. It's the best way to save yourself a lot of (mostly) good-natured "scolding."

Regarding the charging issue, you should start with the easiest, least expensive, and very common possible cause(s); check & clean ALL ground connections. If you go back into the archives on this site, you'll find a lot of previous posts on this issue and many are solved simply by providing good ground connections.

On the 782, make sure you have good fresh gas (another subject discussed at great length in the past). Also, make sure the fuel lines are open/not clogged, and the carb & jets are open.

There are a LOT of very knowledgeable people on this site (my own knowledge is very limited), so you'll be able to get your tractors going again. But, don't forget to check the FAQ's. Note: In the FAQ's at the top of this page, is a link to another set of FAQ's (Charlie's) with even more information. Good luck.

Back